Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizzaro Incident? Prayers for the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The immediate response should be noticing the bias in that article from the start and the way things were portrayed.

Making assumptions from that article would be very uneducated.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Bingo!!!! 10 years ago that type of response would have never happened. Just sad all around!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        "Concerned about his state of mind, the woman called police at 9:19pm, asking them to check on his welfare."
        I read that part. You said the parents didn't call. They did. That's all.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting that a crisis hotline is the way to go. I was just saying that police are rarely trained to solve this problem.

For the most part, police are the hammer and to them everything is a nail.

If you have a loved one that is having mental issues you need handle it. As frustrating as it is, get them to the Dr. Don't involve a 3rd party who doesn't have a duty of confidentiality.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
            I wasn't suggesting that a crisis hotline is the way to go. I was just saying that police are rarely trained to solve this problem.

For the most part, police are the hammer and to them everything is a nail.

If you have a loved one that is having mental issues you need handle it. As frustrating as it is, get them to the Dr. Don't involve a 3rd party who doesn't have a duty of confidentiality.

As a MHPO, I'm bound by HIPAA privacy policies. I cannot relate any information about a consumer's status without their permission unless it is a L & D situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to many cops and equipment for one guy with a pistol. I've been there and have seen others there due to broken relationships, never needed a swat team. This is all my opinion on what I read in article, could have been more to it, if it is they are sure quiet about it.

Last edited by Jen-Man; 07-17-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                As a MHPO, I'm bound by HIPAA privacy policies. I cannot relate any information about a consumer's status without their permission unless it is a L & D situation.

What is required for you to get an involuntary commitment?

Comment

Also been through it with my mom. She was drinking alone one night and talking to her sister on phone said she missed my dad and brother and was ready to join them. She called sheriffs office, moms neighbor called me and said someone was trying to kick my moms back door in. They were still kicking when I got there. They explained situation to me and I asked if I could try to wake her up. They told me to stand back and kicked again. I asked who was paying for the door? They were not concerned so I stepped to the side of house, opened window and crawled in. Opened the door and they attempted to make me go outside, so I directed them to living room while I slipped into her bedroom to wake her so she wouldn't get scared and grab her pistol causing someone to get hurt. Sure enough they heard us and came in with pistols drawn. She was fine, she was shook up and I had to stay with her the rest of the night. I had dealt with her for several months and knew her very well but they would not listen to anything I had to say and were mad because I didn't obey them. Tough, I probably at the least saved my moms life. Sometimes.......sometimes small town cops where not much goes on get a little excited and want more excitement than really exists. Now I must say I respect all law enforcement and realize they have a tough job but sometimes they just need to chill and listen. That's all.

Comment

What is required for you to get an involuntary commitment?

I have to be able to articulate that s/he is a danger to themselves or others (in a nutshell), due to being in a mental crisis. I have committed many, but there are also many that I have let walk because it is not against the law to suffer from a mental illness.

Comment

Swat team was too much. Trained MHU officers would have been better. But the same people on here griping would be in an uproar with this headline:

Girlfriend and Parents call 911....No response.

Police chief says, "We were too busy and short handed".

And now a family is dead....the shooter committed suicide after killing his parents.

TBH: Unbelievable. They got time to write tickets and eat donuts but can't help a family in need? I try to back the blue but it's crap like this that makes it really hard at times. I mean a distraught guy, with a gun, two people calling 911, and they don't respond??????? What the hell do we pay them for? My dad was an officer and have some friends that are officers....but I better stop now before I get banned.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

The lesson here is you never call the police for "help" with someone you care about. If you are worried about the mental health of a loved one, get them to people who are trained to resolve those situations. Thats not the police.
                          Exactly. To some hammers, everything is a nail.

Comment

Wow..........that is PROTECTING & SERVING!!! I hope things worked out for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Swat team was too much. Trained MHU officers would have been better. But the same people on here griping would be in an uproar with this headline:

Girlfriend and Parents call 911....No response.

Police chief says, "We were too busy and short handed".

And now a family is dead....the shooter committed suicide after killing his parents.

TBH: Unbelievable. They got time to write tickets and eat donuts but can't help a family in need? I try to back the blue but it's crap like this that makes it really hard at times. I mean a distraught guy, with a gun, two people calling 911, and they don't respond??????? What the hell do we pay them for? My dad was an officer and have some friends that are officers....but I better stop now before I get banned.
                              Yep, a lot of clueless experts.

Comment

Sad deal all the way around. I don't blame the authorities but think things could have been handled differently for sure. Seems to me an otherwise mentally healthy individual didn't respond very well to a traumatic event. It happens.
                                Last edited by RascalArms; 07-18-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X