No announcement yet.

What size to build our pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one above your post was 100K - but that was everything - spa, outdoor kitchen, etc.

Comment

Ours is 15k gallon, we have 2 kids and it is about the right size. We love ours, it is not as big of an upkeep as people make it out to be. Just be sure to get the Polaris bottom vacuum, that takes most of the time out of keeping it clean

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
        10,00 gallons - 3-4 feet - sun deck where umbrella is for youngsters - outdoor kitchen is pool water level for a swim up bar - we like it
        This is one of the nicest looking pools I've seen. Awesome job.

Comment

Here is ours, around $42k
          Attached Files

Comment

45k for my 23000 gallon pool.

Comment

I agree 6.5 feet is too deep. Make sure you can stand up in most of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                The next time you're driving down the highway, just pour a bottle of water over your head and start throwing $100 bills out the window. The end result will be the same.
                Sounds like a boat owner

Comment

6.5 in the middle and 4 feet on ends
                  This will make it appealing for a buyer as a volleyball pool

Your length would be good for the two of you

Comment

I think mine is 15x25 3.5-6 with waterfall with a small grotto under waterfall. You should get you a long rope or water hose and just lay it out in your yard and see what size fits your yard and house.

Comment

That's a good size. As said above, you might think about doing sport pool depths. 2 shallow end and deeper in the middle. Mine is 3.5-5.5-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^ ours is also 3.5-5.5-4, a sport style pool for volleyball etc We have a very large tan shelf that my youngest loves to hang out on/around. Pool dimensions are 34' x 21'. We are in our pool 6 days/week! I take pride in taking care of my lawn, landscaping, etc. I have not noticed the pool upkeep to be anymore than 10 min to my yardwork routine. I would build another pool all over again!

Comment

We went with the 14x30 one piece fiberglass shell.... all done at $30k and installed in 8 days.

Works well for our family.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

We have had different sizes of pools due to different lot sizes when we lived in the suburbs. We have had a 32000 gallon diving pool, 12000 due to a small lot and the last one was around 18000 gallon at the approximate size you mentioned and 3.5 to 5.6 to 3' with a sunning deck. I definitely recommend the sport/entertaining pool as mentioned above due to more people can just hang out standing around staying wet and cool. The beach entrances I have seen looked great but we just didn't have the room at the time on the lot. If possible get some type of water features to turn the pool over to keep it cooler during the hot summers. Good luck on moving forward with your pool.

Comment

Originally posted by CADDOKILLER View Post
                              My wife and I are thinking about having a pool out in and was wandering what size we should put in. Neither of us have ever had a pool before. We thinking 32x16x6.5 we only have one child and he is 17 so mainly it will be my wife and I just relaxing and cooling off. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                              Our pool is 36x19.5(I think), 2.5' on one end, 9' on the other, w/6x8 tanning deck and attached 7' round hot tub, extra exposed aggregate deckwork, approx 30K gals, $65K

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                              I suggest having your hot tub (assuming you are doing one) totally separate from the pool - you want your hot tub ready and heated at all times. When attached to a pool you have to plan to use it and start the heat up 3-4 hours ahead of time.
                              You're doing it wrong. In the dead of winter it only takes our LPG heater 1:00-1:15 to get to 105*. Summer, 30 minutes...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Ours is pretty close to the same dimensions and is 18,000 gallons. It's 3.5 feet at the ends that gradually slope to 6 feet in the middle. We have had ours for 5 years and still love it. We have spent $100 per year to replace wheels, tail, and brush for our cleaner and maybe $150 per year in chemicals. So far maintenance has been minimal and easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X