No announcement yet.

What size to build our pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be big enough until the kids start dragging them grand babies over, then it'll be time to start over.

Comment

My Sister and BIL have one about that size in their back yard and it is plenty big enough form them. They love it.

Comment

6.5 all across may be too deep for some. Ours is 3.5 at one end at 6.5 at the other. Nice gradual slope.

Comment

I agree - not too deep - when they draw it out on the ground with spray paint it looks MUCH smaller than it really will be

Comment

Not sure of the exact measurements however mine is a 38k gallon pool and that is a large pool. I would suggest a good size hot tub so you can have 3 or 4 couples hang out with y'all. Also I would suggest a tanning ledge. My wife spends most of her time on the ledge. We have a lot of built in benches where folks can sit in the water and just chat and drink. One thing ther note, we have a deep end that is 9ft deep where I have a dive rock that kids can dive from (diving boards give insurance companies fits) but with a deep end it really keeps the water nice and cool especially in the hot summer months. Shallow pools get hot quick and you will feel like your in a hot bath of water.

Hope this helps and enjoy.

Comment

Ours is a 20x40 with an additional negative edge with a pool depth of 4.25' avg. (3'-5.5') and we're on year 14. I've replaced the salt generator 1x, main pump 2x, feature pump 1x, booster pump 1x, and heater 1x. All on my own.

Our family is in the pool 5 out of 7 days a year from April-October and we use the hot tub/spa year round (3x per week).

I can state this much...

I'll build 2 more pools before a buy another boat.

Comment

I suggest having your hot tub (assuming you are doing one) totally separate from the pool - you want your hot tub ready and heated at all times. When attached to a pool you have to plan to use it and start the heat up 3-4 hours ahead of time.

Comment

Those dimensions should be fine. The older you get, the more you just sit in it. I have a tanning ledge at one end. Then it gets about 3' deep. It gets to 6' at the far end. We have bench seating along two sides, with a table built in for drinks. On the other side are three built-in stools and a "bar". You can pretty much do whatever you want with gunnite. Good luck.

Comment

Mine is 23000 gallons and we love it..

Comment

Comment

10,00 gallons - 3-4 feet - sun deck where umbrella is for youngsters - outdoor kitchen is pool water level for a swim up bar - we like it

Last edited by TKK; 06-11-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

We are in the middle of our pool build now and should be completed by the weekend of the 4th. Ours is 34X17 with hot tub on one side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a good size, add a spa and it is really good size, 3.5 - 5.5 - 4 is a good depth, no diving boards, add a little water feature or you can use the spa overflow to make you have to pee, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                              10,00 gallons - 3-4 feet - sun deck where umbrella is for youngsters - outdoor kitchen is pool water level for a swim up bar - we like it

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If yawl don't mind me asking what was ballpark cost of having yawls pools put in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X