Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
    I've been using the Hot Glove treatment ever since my boy started playing and have never had any issues. This requires to put the glove in the oven. I know a lot of people wont do it but it really helps the break in process.
    yeh ..it was all i could do to bring myself to throw that expensive piece of leather in the clothes drier ..lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      yeh ..it was all i could do to bring myself to throw that expensive piece of leather in the clothes drier ..lol.....
      Haha, I have had it ready on 2 occasions and just couldn't do it.

Comment

looks like we're making a run at gulf shores this season...
        I have never been.. .and want to get a house/condo on the beach or across the street from the beach... but dont want to be a hundred miles from the parks they play at either..(orange/gulfshores)

any recommendations?
        VRBO

Great place to visit for a ball tourney! Our 12u boys are headed to Cooperstown this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          VRBO

Great place to visit for a ball tourney! Our 12u boys are headed to Cooperstown this year.
          Wife is on there now... thanks!

Comment

How much are yall paying monthly for yalls monthly dues? For lets say a 10,11,12u team. I have seen prices all over the place and some with coaches who don't have MUCH experience at all or great knowledge of the entire game.

I have seen them go from $100-275 a month with everything included.

Comment

I have never been.. .and want to get a house/condo on the beach or across the street from the beach... but dont want to be a hundred miles from the parks they play at either..(orange/gulfshores)

any recommendations?
              What week are yall going ?

We may be going last week in June or Early July.

Find out Feb 2

Comment

Wife is on there now... thanks!
                I'd also have her look at homeaway.com

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  What week are yall going ?

We may be going last week in June or Early July.

Find out Feb 2
                  jun 18th-23 is the one we are aiming at.. judging by the email i just got, it appears my wife found and booked a condo on the beach...

Comment

any recommendations?
                    Like Chad said, VRBO. We went for 8u and stayed at the gulf shores surf and racquet club, it was about what I expected for the price, which wasn't bad at all. It's across the street from the beach and has a "private" area of the beach for people staying there. I would do it again, but I'm also one that can't spend big money on a really nice place.

We really weren't there very much, with games everyday and going out to the beach and out to eat etc...

Some of our parents all stayed together in a big house on the beach and it was super nice.

We played our games in Foley, about 20mins away, and the complex sucked. Fields were decent, not nearly what we expected, and had ZERO shade.

Im afraid to mess with the glove I won - Dont want to screw it up.

Picked up a couple of players. Had cage work and the kiddo looks great.

Have any of yall had experience with kiddos moving from AAA to Majors?

Did yall wait on the team to move up? Or did you try out for a Majors level team?
                    We stayed on our team and waited to move up, mainly because we started the team in 8u and partly because it's local and I don't want to drive to north Dallas or Plano/ Frisco to play. We got moved to majors about halfway through the spring of 9u. It's definitely a big jump.

We played a lot of open tourneys and majors teams before we got bumped, I've gone over our record before but we were 12-0 against AAA teams 5-16 against majors teams.

We have closed the gap for sure, I still think we are right under the top tier (2 or 3 teams locally) of majors teams, but we added 3 players this spring that should give us a good push.

Here was our 9u USSSA page, although we played a few more tournaments with travel sports that aren't on there.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jshouse; 01-25-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

looks like the wife balked, and is now looking for a house on the beach with a few other parents...

Yeh been warned about the facilities and the fact we've been spoiled here with really nice places..
                      Can you bring your own shade in? I would hope so..

Comment

looks like the wife balked, and is now looking for a house on the beach with a few other parents...

Yeh been warned about the facilities and the fact we've been spoiled here with really nice places..
                        Can you bring your own shade in? I would hope so..
                        Yes, the portable canopy things are a must.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          Yes, the portable canopy things are a must.
                          Worth their weight in gold! Bring mister fans too. We went mid July and the humidity is brutal.

Comment

I now wish we would have started a season or two earlier in Select ball. Would have liked to have gotten on a team like that and developed.

I have definitely heard of yalls team following the page on facebook. Our team is a new AAA team, and no shot at getting bumped to Majors. Bombers and the Eagles seem to be that level you are talking about if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                              Worth their weight in gold! Bring mister fans too. We went mid July and the humidity is brutal.
                              I used to laugh at the parents bringing the little wagon type devices and being loaded down.

Then I went to a couple all day affairs and realized I needed one as well, lol.

Comment

I now wish we would have started a season or two earlier in Select ball. Would have liked to have gotten on a team like that and developed.

I have definitely heard of yalls team following the page on facebook. Our team is a new AAA team, and no shot at getting bumped to Majors. Bombers and the Eagles seem to be that level you are talking about if I'm not mistaken.
                                Yep, They are the top 2 locally for sure, and there are a few teams from south Texas that come up and play, mizuno and dynasty that are tough too. We added the best player from the Citius team, the 3-hole hitter from the CCBA team and a kid from the eagles that looks like he will be our shortstop, so I'm excited to see how do.

It sounds like you guys are on the right track, it's more about development at this age, and if you guys are happy with the practices and reps he's getting you are ahead of the game. I feel like Brock went though 7u and 8u without much help coaching wise, all my fault as I was just getting started with all this, but we are in a good spot now.

Comment

Working...
                                X