No announcement yet.

Matthews CROSSBOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got one in about a week or so ago and it shoots relly well. The poundage can be adjusted to fit a broader range of shooters and as mentioned it has a flange on the fore grip to keep fingers below the string line. Its quiet, easy to operate and plenty fast. For the shooters in that market, they should move fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
      I don't personally know anyone who switched from a bow to a crossbow simply because they legalized them during archery season.The only real change I've seen is people got their kids that weren't old enough to pull enough weight yet with a bow in the woods hunting during bow season.The others already were shooting crossbows due to shoulder injuries.(Dr.'s excuse paperwork)
      It's Cheatin!!! Lol

I dont really get the poundage adjustment that much. But if I were in the xbow market I would really be lookin at it. Like I said im glad someone put some more thought into keeping folks fingers away from the rail. I wonder if it has as good of a trigger as the Stryker 380 does? And I may have missed it when I read. I wonder if it is equipped with an anti dry fire device???

Comment

Ragin, it does have an anti dry fire device. The bolt has to be inserted before it will fire. Not sure about the trigger being better than the Stryker as Ive not shot that one, but its a good shooter for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ken1965 View Post
          Ragin, it does have an anti dry fire device. The bolt has to be inserted before it will fire. Not sure about the trigger being better than the Stryker as Ive not shot that one, but its a good shooter for sure.
          Thats good! That dang Stryker has got a trigger better than most factory rifles.

Comment

Sounds interesting. When I can't shoot my 60lb Z7.

Comment

I love Mathews and shoot one myself. Could you consider this as Mathews selling out!? Or an " if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" moment?

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                I love Mathews and shoot one myself. Could you consider this as Mathews selling out!? Or an " if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" moment?
                That doesnt matter. Xbows are a growing market and Matt McPherson is far from an idiot.

Comment

For as many people who bash crossbows, there are just as many, if not more that enjoy them. And with it being released under the mission line, doesnt that mean all the profits from this go towards supporting missionaries worldwide anyways? I dont see a problem here.

Maybe I'm biased because I started out with a crossbow and went to a vertical bow, but Im all for having more archers, Vertical or Xbows.

Comment

Originally posted by K86 View Post
                    For as many people who bash crossbows, there are just as many, if not more that enjoy them. And with it being released under the mission line, doesnt that mean all the profits from this go towards supporting missionaries worldwide anyways? I dont see a problem here.

Maybe I'm biased because I started out with a crossbow and went to a vertical bow, but Im all for having more archers, Vertical or Xbows.
                    I dont think there has been a single "bash" on this thread. There have been some saying they wont use em including myself. Thats a personal preference. Not a bash.

Comment

i sure by now most of you have looked the new crossbow up but i thought i might add some pics of the one we received in the shop last week. We usually don't carry crossbows but we do order some in prior to season. I have nothing against crossbow shooters as long as they are using them for the proper reason (handicap,shoulder issues, wounded veteran, ect ) but i cant stand young adults my age coming in the shop who are in 100% fine health asking for the cheapest crossbow we have for sale so they can bow hunt and add another month to there season. This issue is getting way to common for my liking. Just my two cents....sorry here are the pics

Comment

Hate to admit it...

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Thats good! That dang Stryker has got a trigger better than most factory rifles.
                        Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        I have been one to hate even the thought of a crossbow - then I hit 40. Stuff started going south at 40. I plan to shoot a compound as long as I can do it and be a realistic shot. People don't understand that it's not just your shoulder that fails, but simple things like fingers, and wrists, and elbows, and things that help you to hold still - oh, and eyes.

When I don't feel that I can be fair to the deer any longer I'll get me a crossbow. Might as well be a good one.
                        I'm 7 years past 40 and know what you mean. Still like shooting my Z-lite.

Comment

Originally posted by dgrantlpc View Post
                          I'm 7 years past 40 and know what you mean. Still like shooting my Z-lite.
                          Im not shooting one. I hated xbows. Then kinda let up on it in the name of unity amoung hunters. So i bought one. Hated it myself. Took it back. But i will support it in the name of hunter unity. Contrary to what RiverRat1 says.

Comment

saw one the other day. looked nice, for a crossbow

Comment

Mission has one advertised on their website. It looks pretty sweet. It'd be fun to shoot one, I never have. I don't think I would hunt with one personally, unless I couldn't draw back a bow.

Comment

I'd shoot it!

Comment

Working...
                                X