X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you get a 10 footer

Good luck and be safe

Comment

I hope one day I’ve hunted enough to turn down animals like that. Good luck to you!! I hope you kill a giant!!! I don’t have the restraint!!!

Comment

I hope I’m not being picky. I set my sights at a bear that looks good and is about 8 and 1/2 or better. I’m hunting a draw tag in perhaps the best place to bowhunt brown bears there is. I don’t think that’s too picky but I’ll see. One of the rifle guys killed a bear that is going to be pushing 10 feet! We ended up seeing 15 bears today. 11 were sows and cubs. Only the one stalk. The other boars rapidly left the beaches. Tomorrow is another day and if possible we will hunt and fish!

Comment

This guy greets you at the boat dock.

This is the little “crappie” jig I was using today to catch lingcod. Was trying to dredge up a halibut.

Our rockfish baits.

Lots of these guys around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck, get a big one.

Comment

Good luck man, spill some blood!

Comment

About to head out! Wind kicking already which isn’t the best but it’s supposed to lay down. Just need one good one out in a good spot to get the shaft! It’s all good, I’m hunting!!!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck. If you get a halibut pm me. I have some amazing recipes for that fantastic fish.

Comment

Heck yeah!! I'd hafta spot my bear while I was fishing! I'm not sure I would wanna quit to go look for a bear!!!![emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                        Good luck. If you get a halibut pm me. I have some amazing recipes for that fantastic fish.
                        Like! ^^^

Comment

Best of luck Doc . . . We’re rooting for you!

Comment

great pics Doc......thanks for dragging us with you

Comment

Another great morning and I got close twice. First stalk we got in on a bear on a rocky beach. We were about 25-30 yards with arrow nocked. I was about to step out from tall rocks we used as stalking cover and I felt wind hit the back of my neck. Next thing you hear rocks rolling and the bear is running up a grassy hill and getting out of there. We had been right at 25 yards and he was over an 8 1/2 foot bear!

The other bear was even bigger. Watched him going through some rocks and headed for a beach. We went in to cut him off bad for some reason he hung up on the rocks above us and spotted us. He was 47 yards and pretty steep angle above but no shot. Wind swirled again and he was gone.

I think we saw 9 bears total this am and caught 3 man limits of rockfish. We release 10-12 lingcod up to 30 pounds. Pretty good morning. Looks like wind is laying down a bit and we are headed back out in an hour. Just need one bear to make a mistake!

Comment

Sweet! Is that a rockfish on the right? What's the other one?? If it doesn't live in Fork or Palestine I don't know what I'm looking at!!![emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X