Heated Vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Well, I was unable to find any store in Longview with the Milwaukee heated vest in stock.

I went ahead and ordered one, so we will see. I am a little concerned that there were some negative reviews, although there were good reviews also.
    Please let us know. Very interested. If you prefer to pm. Curious what you went with , price. Battery included , etc. I have only seen ones that cover top to mid back and chest, not whole abdomen area as well. Open to if anyone has seen such a vest.

Comment

Well, I was unable to find any store in Longview with the Milwaukee heated vest in stock.

I went ahead and ordered one, so we will see. I am a little concerned that there were some negative reviews, although there were good reviews also.
      I have it . I hunt in the open air with a tree stand. 1 battery per sit. Amazon has battery deals pretty cheap. Think I have like 5 or 6 batteries to make it through a weekend. Can of course build a bigger better battery if needed. It def will add time to your sit but alone it wont keep you warm. A heated seat though works wonders. Combined I sat through about a 5 hour sit in near zero temps.

Comment

Aren't you fairly well "insulated" around the torso already, Randy?

Lord, forgive me for that right there. And bless the Pigmies in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
          Please let us know. Very interested. If you prefer to pm. Curious what you went with , price. Battery included , etc. I have only seen ones that cover top to mid back and chest, not whole abdomen area as well. Open to if anyone has seen such a vest.
          I ordered the Milwaukee Axis vest for $179 which includes a 1.5 amp battery and charger. I also wish the heating elements covered the lower back and stomach area, but the only ones I found that did that had some pretty negative reviews. I will be wearing mine under a jacket.

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
          I have it . I hunt in the open air with a tree stand. 1 battery per sit. Amazon has battery deals pretty cheap. Think I have like 5 or 6 batteries to make it through a weekend. Can of course build a bigger better battery if needed. It def will add time to your sit but alone it wont keep you warm. A heated seat though works wonders. Combined I sat through about a 5 hour sit in near zero temps.
          If this one works reasonably well, I will get another higher amp battery. I am just cold natured (in spite of the sarcastic, smart arse remarks like below!!! ), but my sits these days are enclosed in a Krivoman blind or Ranch Kings, so heaters are not out of the question.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Aren't you fairly well "insulated" around the torso already, Randy?

Lord, forgive me for that right there. And bless the Pigmies in Africa.
          The Lord is going to strike you down!!! Besides, I think you mean Pygmies!

Comment

Any of you have or use a battery or rechargeable heated vest?

If so, what brand?

What has been the battery life?

Does it really get warm enough to stay warm in the blind/field?

(Yes, these old bones are getting cold!)
            I've got a hoodie with headphones that go through the drawstrings...you know, in case you have some Duke Ellington on your jitterbug and want to listen to some music while you're in the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              I've got a hoodie with headphones that go through the drawstrings...you know, in case you have some Duke Ellington on your jitterbug and want to listen to some music while you're in the blind.
              Ah, Duke Ellington and also Ella Fitzgerald. It doesn't get any better!

Comment

What about heated depends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                  What about heated depends?

Now, I would buy those for sure! Can you imagine how toasty those would feel?

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Now, I would buy those for sure! Can you imagine how toasty those would feel?

as long as they don't "short" out.

Did you know there was already a thread on the heated vest subject?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        as long as they don't "short" out.

Did you know there was already a thread on the heated vest subject?
                        Ouch! I hadn't thought about that!

Comment

Working...
                        X