Traded for a G.W Flanagan LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traded for a G.W Flanagan LB

Well as hard as it was, I traded off my 1st trad bow for a G.W.Flanagan lb and a set of Border XP 10 ILF limbs for another project I am working on. This LB is 66" 47 @ 28" Purpleheart and Black Micarta with Bamboo limbs. Pretty bow and shoots real good. It is going to get to shoot some piggies real soon.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by huntinpool; 09-30-2010, 07:21 PM.

Cool Todd!

Congrats on your new toy.

Bisch

Comment

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Comment

Isn't that the same make of bow that won the IBO Trad world? G.W. buys wood from me but not purple heart. That old man is country as a dirt clod.. I think he has to climb a telephone pole to call out. He is a really ice guy and you would never know he could build such a sweet bow. Congrats Pool....

Comment

its a beautiful bow. the red on black looks great.

Comment

Is it me or does that bow have like a 100'' brace height??

Comment

Nice looking bow Todd.
              Enjoy it.

Comment

Todd,

I want to be first in line to buy that bow when you decide to sale it.... thats my favorite weight

Comment

he builds a nice bow. a bunch of boys up in oklahoma shoot them,
                  we built him some arraws for his personal,

Comment

[QUOTE=rubydog;2941269]Isn't that the same make of bow that won the IBO Trad world? G.W. buys wood from me but not purple heart. That old man is country as a dirt clod.. I think he has to climb a telephone pole to call out. He is a really ice guy and you would never know he could build such a sweet bow.[QUOTE]

I shot with him 2 rounds at the Recurve Championship. He is a very nice man. He was fun to shoot with and he does make some PRETTY and Good shooting bows. Thanks for the compliments. I think it's a keeper. They tell me his bows like around an 8 1/2 " brace BTW
                    Last edited by huntinpool; 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Todd:

I have one of his bows and it is really nice -- my current favorite. I drove up to meet him when I bought the bow and I agree that he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Ryan Ransey, the guy that won the IBO trad world and a whole bunch of other big shoots uses a flanagan bow. My bow is cocobolo, black phenolic (which makes it nice and heavy) and deer antler. My bow shoots best at 8.5"

Comment

BTW, do a search for IBP trad world on youtube and you can see Ramsey shooting his GW Flanagan in the finals -- he is a really impressive shooter

Comment

Good looking bow Todd. It will be strange seeing a longbow in your hand all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by meangene1969 View Post
                            Good looking bow Todd. It will be strange seeing a longbow in your hand all the time.
                            I'm still Recurve Todd, but it is nice to have a new LB to play with

Comment

Does GW Flanagan have a website for his Bows ?

Comment

Working...
                              X