Yeti vs Engel vs Coleman Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeti vs Engel vs Coleman Extreme

I came across this cooler test comparing the Yeti, Engel and Coleman Extreme and thought it might be helpful to some.

Thanks for the link.

I own a Coleman Extreme and am impressed. I took the same bag of ice to the lease 3 times this year.

Comment

wow, i didnt see that one coming...

thanks, berandel.

Comment

I bet that Yetti LOVED that!

Comment

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Not what I was expecting, thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Never heard of engel, but the results were on par with what I've heard about the coleman and yeti's.

I love my 48 qt. coleman cooler, probably the best one I've ever owned.

Comment

Man that's tough to drop that much for a stinking ice chest! I'm for good equipment, but I'm not there for a cooler, yet.

Comment

In had not heard of Engel before either. Wonder why they didn't also compare an Igloo?

Comment

I think you have to be careful when you see a "comparison test" between brands and the people doing the comparison are the manufacturers of one of the products they are testing. I can't imagine any cooler being much better than the Yeti cooler I have. I've used it for a week at at time, put in ice at the start of the trip, and at the end of the week, still had lots of ice left. Notice I said lots of ice, not just some ice. I might be able to believe some cooler could be better, but the results they're claiming aren't believable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TopNoc View Post
                      I think you have to be careful when you see a "comparison test" between brands and the people doing the comparison are the manufacturers of one of the products they are testing. I can't imagine any cooler being much better than the Yeti cooler I have. I've used it for a week at at time, put in ice at the start of the trip, and at the end of the week, still had lots of ice left. Notice I said lots of ice, not just some ice. I might be able to believe some cooler could be better, but the results they're claiming aren't believable to me.
                      Perhaps you did not read the first sentence that the tests were done by the magazine, "Practical Sailor".

Comment

Test was crap.

Should have filled up all three coolers with ice and/or beverages and waited to see how long they would keep.

Also the 2 expensive coolers are built like a female East-German gymnast. Ugly, but tough!

I am with others though....I am not ready to spend that much money on a cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
                          Test was crap.

Should have filled up all three coolers with ice and/or beverages and waited to see how long they would keep.

Also the 2 expensive coolers are built like a female East-German gymnast. Ugly, but tough!

I am with others though....I am not ready to spend that much money on a cooler.
                          I agree on the test parameters being 'off'....

Why not pre-chill every one of them, fill them up and see how well they retain the ice?

I say the Engel and the Yeti will be basically the same.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the majority of the folks claiming the test was crap are likely the folks who have already spent a rediculous amount of money on a cooler made by yeti !

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
                            Perhaps you did not read the first sentence that the tests were done by the magazine, "Practical Sailor".
                            Come'on, you know a test is only fair and impartial if it supports what you already believed to be true!
                            Last edited by Roscoe; 01-24-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the majority of the folks claiming the test was crap are likely the folks who have already spent a rediculous amount of money on a cooler made by yeti !
                              That's not true!

I just have a serious case of "I want one!"

I do think they are cool looking, and not at all comparable to a Ukranian swimmer.....

Comment

Working...
                              X