Reasonably Priced Camcorder for Filming Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasonably Priced Camcorder for Filming Hunts

I'm still using the old Digital 8 from God knows how long ago. It locks up with an error code far too often. I then have to go into the guts of the machine and mess with a tiny pin that has a rubber gasket. I'm done.

Now I'm in the market for a new one. I'm not needing anything more than a HD recorder that zooms ok and can handle lower light. I'll film for a total of about an hour every year. Not interested in a $500+ machine for this.

Who has one that they have used and would recommend? I've researched until my eyes hurt and I'm no closer to making a decision.

Help.

I have a JVC that has a 60x zoom and HD. I found it on ebay for $100.
    Don't remember exactly what model.

Comment

A couple of years ago I bought my wife a camcorder, a Panasonic VX870, for Christmas. I ended up going over budget and got the model with 4K - it's not needed. You might look at the similar model that shoots 1080 HD (or Full HD). I think maybe it's the V770. I think Stolle has that or a similar model that shoots 1080 HD. You can probably find a good used one for a decent price.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I have a nice Canon that I paid about $1700 for, but its worth much less now, Ill send some pics later, all I did with it was take it to the blind with a monopod and film deer to talk about back at camp.

Comment

Working...
        X