No announcement yet.

Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down to go try it out there sometime after the regular hunting season is over with. I've got NV and thermal as well and I'm in McKinney most of the time.

Comment

I go your way all the time to see my little girls, would like to hunt lavon. Maybe we can hook up one weekend and get some hogs.

Comment

Anyone been out here lately? Just got my permit and thinking about at least scouting it out tomorrow. Which zones are you guys hunting? Based on the TPWD success reports from 13', zones 6, 2, and 13 had the best yields... and in 12', zones 10,5, and 7(in that order).

Comment

Did some scouting in zone two. Lot's of sign, but no actual hogs seen. Very thick vegetation that's pretty rough getting through. Looks like they are just finishing up a sewer line that cuts along the edge. Saw a couple of workers later in the morning. Also came across feeders, campsites, tree stands, ground blinds, and cut 4-wheeler trails. With all the obvious pressure along with a few traps I saw on private land bordering COE, im thinking night hunting is about the only way to get on some hogs. Thinking about trying the northern zones. Per google maps, the terrain looks a lot more open.

Comment

Txfireman, I just got my permit too but haven't been out yet. Thinking about this weekend. PM me if you want a partner to go with.

Comment

I'll definitely be going out there a lot more with me building a house in Melissa. There are tons of hogs out there for sure. And lots of nice deer. If anyone wants to give it a whirl shoot me a PM.

Comment

I don't have enough posts to PM. I'm really getting the itch, even with the weather... I'd like to check out zone 9 or 13 this weekend.

Comment

I'm in Allen and interested as well. It would be cool to get several groups going out hunting

Comment

I'll be going out there probably after the deer season ends in Arkansas at the end of February.

Comment

Not enough posts for PMs yet.

Went out to zone 2 the other night. The Gatorade in my pack froze solid, but there was still some activity. Heard and smelled some hogs pass nearby, but I never actually saw any. Did see coyotes, armadillos, a skunk, and an owl. I was posted up near a clearing along a game trail that had the most, and freshest sign. No luck. Going to try again soon. May go deeper this time.

Comment

I know spot lighting isn't allowed, but I do have a green bow mounted light that I only use to light the area when I take a shot. Is this considered spotlighting? Not sure how else to take a hog at night with a bow. I also have lighted nocks and a sight light. I've got gen 1 night vision but I've found it to be pretty much useless.

Comment

There aren't any laws that say you can't use a spotlight for hogs. If you were hunting deer, you would be in trouble. Get out there and put some pork on the ground.

Comment

I might head out there today and scout around a little.. Debating it heavily with this weather.. Sure anxious to stick my first hog though!

Comment

I thought about it this morning, but it is kinda nasty out today. Settled for the range, instead.

Comment

Got out and got my permit today... Talked to the rangers a bit. Got some tips on where to hunt. Spent 30 min poking around on the of the sections...

Now I can't wait to get out there and actually do some hunting. Area I saw showed fresh signs of rooting and rutting... Just gotta get the time to get out there now..

Comment

Working...
                                X