**Bowfishing** Our attempt at breaking records!!!! Huge fish pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**Bowfishing** Our attempt at breaking records!!!! Huge fish pics

Hit the water after work with "Rocky" in hopes of regaining Lake Fork records in Carp and Buffalo.

It started off UNREAL, all that was required was for you to hit the water and you were ALMOST certain a LARGE fish!!!!

Less than an hour in we had 35 carp all over 20# biggest 27, but we seemed to be a hair late. They were still spawning but the monster 30+ lbs were not seen and we pulled out looking for Buffalo..............and boy did we find them!!!!!!!!
    We started shooting at ONLT the ones that would weigh over 35lbs.........well once we hit 75 total, we started getting picky and TIRED and bumped up to going for 50#ers.................then it got to the point were if we didn't feel it could set a new lake record we didn't even shoot at it. I cant even guess how many thousand fish we seen today, it was truely UNREAL BOWFISHING

We fished 3 hrs, with 2 shooters and had 103 fish with an average OVER 30lbs My boat is a total mess but worth it (I think)
    "Rocky" just missed lake record, but still biggest on my boat, (and biggest shot by bow on lake)

Rockys weight: 59#
    Mine pictured were 52# and 46#
    Attached Files

Dang!!!!!!

Comment

nice

Comment

nice boofalo

Comment

Dang nice for sure! I had no idea those buffalo fish got that big!

Comment

Whoa

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Just got a pic from a friend of mine from yesterday....he shot the new state record alligator gar for the Brazos River.....169 3/4 lbs 7' 4 1/2".

Comment

Man that sure sounds like fun!

Comment

I need pictures of the bottom of the boat to see if it is as bad as mine was when we shot 75 or so buffalo at gibbons

Comment

Outstanding!!!

Comment

I'm tired of seeing other peoples pics! I'm going to try and get my rig set-up in the next couple days and go hit the lake myself...

BTW, nice fish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxBrokenTine View Post
                          Just got a pic from a friend of mine from yesterday....he shot the new state record alligator gar for the Brazos River.....169 3/4 lbs 7' 4 1/2".

Pics or it did not happen

Comment

Originally posted by TxBrokenTine View Post
                            I'm not trying to call you out brother but 169 3/4lbs is a long ways from the state record gator gar. Maybe the river record?

That's a heck of a haul LF!!! All this new water and the spawn has'm right up there in the shallows huh

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                              I'm not trying to call you out brother but 169 3/4lbs is a long ways from the state record gator gar. Maybe the river record?

That's a heck of a haul LF!!! All this new water and the spawn has'm right up there in the shallows huh
                              It is the Perfect Storm!!!

These carp will be here a while, but the buffalo spawn usually only last a few days...they might be gone today, but I'll have to try once more anyway.

My body this morning is in a full cramp. My arms are twitching and legs feel like I did squats all day. Its so fun while your doing it you dont think that your doing 35-45lbs dead lifts all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X