Tigers finally back!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    It's not that I hate Tiger I just don't like the fact that when is in a tournament all they talk about is Tiger. They show Tiger tee off, walk down the fairway hit is shot walk to the the next one. You might get a shot of another golfer putting or maybe a tee shot but 80% of the time it is all about Tiger. They would follow into the outhouse if they could. I just turn it off and do something else.
    That's true about yesterday but it's about money just as much as everything else on tv. We all got a good dose him yesterday but they did a good job showing Scott, Thomas, and Keopka making some good shots. There wasn't anyone else watching yesterday besides those 3 and Tiger IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      I'm not Zannetti if that's what you are thinking.
      Gotcha . It's your own room. I would love too, next time I'm that way, will definitely PM you.
      Tables heated? 10ft?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        That's true about yesterday but it's about money just as much as everything else on tv. We all got a good dose him yesterday but they did a good job showing Scott, Thomas, and Keopka making some good shots. There wasn't anyone else watching yesterday besides those 3 and Tiger IMO.
        X2!

They showed every shot that anyone in contention hit yesterday, which was Scott, Koepka, Tiger, and JT until he took himself out of the race by three putting from 8 feet. No one wants to see Rickie and Stewart Cink make pars all afternoon LOL.

Would they have shown Tiger even if he was making pars instead of birdies? Probably, but that's what people want to see.

Comment

It's not that I hate Tiger I just don't like the fact that when is in a tournament all they talk about is Tiger. They show Tiger tee off, walk down the fairway hit is shot walk to the the next one. You might get a shot of another golfer putting or maybe a tee shot but 80% of the time it is all about Tiger. They would follow into the outhouse if they could. I just turn it off and do something else.
          Tiger makes for good TV and people know him, the rest of the tour not so much. I just did my own unofficial survey and asked 8 people to name 3 golfers currently on the tour, all 8 named Tiger. Only 2 of the 8 could name anyone other than Tiger, one said Speith (UT alum) and the other said Michelson because they were both left handed.

Comment

If you were watching and saw the gallery following Tiger compared to all other golfers Koepka the winner included you would have your answer. Like him or not he has a following that dwarfs any other golfer and the Sponsor's and Media know that.

Comment

Has anyone seen the ratings for yesterday, and you wonder why the show Tiger all the time. That many people aint tuning in to see Ricky or Rory

Comment

this. x's 10000000

Comment

69% increase in viewership compared to last years TV ratings!!! This is your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Anybody know how much the second place / first loser's purse was today??

Reckon I would be happy to be 'done' for another decade!!
                    $1.188 Million... for Second Place. $1.9 Mil for 1st

The Par putt that Adam Scott missed cost him $220,000......

Comment

Even the other tour guys are saying the crowds and roars the get from the crowds are minimal to hearing tigers following a hole or two away

Comment

I used to be a hater just because. I found myself pulling for him yesterday. He never collapsed and played well. I hope he get's another major.

Comment

Golf needs more hookers and beer.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                            Pretty reasonable thoughts, but I'm not sure you're giving this new Tiger quite enough credit. Aside from spraying the driver, Tiger today hit his irons every bit as surgically as in his prime, and putted virtually as well, also. What we have to realize is that the "young guns" on the current tour grew up emulating Tiger and his game and approach. Essentially, Koepka is a younger version of Tiger, physically. So, no, Tiger may not "dominate" as in the old days, but his game will play just fine with any of these guys, and his mental toughness is showing more and more signs of the old "killer" mode. I think he will do a lot better than play "competitive."
                            …………...u nailed it!!!
                            Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                            69% increase in viewership compared to last years TV ratings!!! This is your answer.

Comment

Yes, Tiger gets a lot of on air coverage but I think there is something being overlooked by his detractors as to the "why" he gets it. A lot more everyday people can relate to Tiger's game because he is all over the golf course. He's hitting a lot more shots from where average fans do than say a Jordan Speith or Justin Thomas whose games can seem boring at times to fans who are not necessarily students of the game.

That 64 yesterday, from where he was finding himself off the tee, was exciting to watch and extraordinary at the same time. Under the pressure of a major with a strong group of players at the top of leaderboard and unable to drive worth a ****, he somehow shot 6 under on a Sunday course set up. All PGA tour players play competitive golf. That was championship caliber golf, regardless the final outcome.

Comment

Great player. Great for golf. Just read the latest book about him. Terrible person, terrible husband, terrible friend. Uses people then discards them when he feels they are no longer an asset to him. It is estimated that he cheated on his wife with between 100-120 different women. Loser with a capital “L”. That is why I will never cheer for him again.
                                Last edited by Dr. Evil; 08-13-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X