View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
dope hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwhite34 View Post
In town on vacation for the next couple days. Anyone fishing during the week. I would love to get my son on some Reds. I will gladly help pay for gas and bait. Heck even some ideas of where to wade and be successful would be greatly appreciated.
I'm leaving corpus in the morning. I was in the surf Friday and there was bait everywhere in the surf and I even saw a few trout rolling. We were at the first beach access north of the Pachary Channel. I went the next morning to the same spot using live shrimp under a popping cork and caught a few skip jack and bonnethead's...no trout. We went back Sunday evening and I decided to get some live shrimp and croaker. I decided to give the croaker a shot free lining with a chatter weight. Caught 2 hardhead pretty quick in the 2nd gut and decided to make it to the next bar and try there. That croaker didnt soak 2 minutes and I caught a 19-20" trout. I was about to get back out there when I got vetoed by everyone and we went to the packary so the kids could paddleboard and kayak. I should have stayed in the surf and had them come back and get me, but I had already fished quite a bit and this was a family trip, not a fishing trip. Not sure what the surf will be like these next few days, but if its halfway calm, get some croaker and hit the surf.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
dope hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top