Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
    If you do rimfire you will need a dedicated rimfire can IMHO
    That is not a humble opinion...that is fact .
    Rimfire shoots very dirty and almost all rimfire cans will open for cleaning. I have seen older suppressors that open for maintenance with a key. But the newer cans, nothing to clean as far as you shoot centerfire ammo through it. They don't even open. You will need a dedicated rimfire can.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      That is not a humble opinion...that is fact .
      Rimfire shoots very dirty and almost all rimfire cans will open for cleaning. I have seen older suppressors that open for maintenance with a key. But the newer cans, nothing to clean as far as you shoot centerfire ammo through it. They don't even open. You will need a dedicated rimfire can.
      There are now 30 caliber cans that are fully user serviceable just like rimfire cans. So a dedicated rimfire can is no longer fact.

I still feel it is best, but there are 1 and done options.

Comment

But would you want to shoot rimfire ammo out of your centerfire can? I wouldn't. Rimfire cans are cheap enough to buy a separate can for. But it is way cool the range of calibers suppressors can handle now. Our cans are about 2 years old, the Gemtech Outback (rimfire)and the AAC SD762and I haven't handled many since. So its good to know that some are becoming serviceable now. I've read that mineral spirits give non serviceable ones a decent cleaning by dipping.

Comment

1. Decide trust vs Individual.
          2. Purchase.
          3. Fill out paperwork,
          4. Wait.
          5. Wait.
          6. Wait.
          7. Pick up.

Advantage of trust is many. Advantage of individual ATM is that they are a little faster.

Downside of trust........cost. Downside of Individual.......many.
          You can always do a one shot trust. This is what I did, I can add anyone legally able to posses one to my trust with a sheet of paper. Get one now wait times are down tremendously, individual I got 2 back in 5 and 6 months. I just received my trust back in 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
            If you had to buy one silencer to range from 22-30 cal, what would it be?
            Griffin Armament Optimus. Rimfire through 300 win mag + 9mm

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
              You can always do a one shot trust. This is what I did, I can add anyone legally able to posses one to my trust with a sheet of paper. Get one now wait times are down tremendously, individual I got 2 back in 5 and 6 months. I just received my trust back in 9 months.
              What is a "one-shot" trust?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                But would you want to shoot rimfire ammo out of your centerfire can? I wouldn't. Rimfire cans are cheap enough to buy a separate can for. But it is way cool the range of calibers suppressors can handle now. Our cans are about 2 years old, the Gemtech Outback (rimfire)and the AAC SD762and I haven't handled many since. So its good to know that some are becoming serviceable now. I've read that mineral spirits give non serviceable ones a decent cleaning by dipping.
                I did not say I would recommend it or do it.

I just said it was an option so a dedicated rimfire can is now an opinion rather than fact.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                  What is a "one-shot" trust?
                  A trust option by silencer shop. You buy a trust that is dedicated to that suppressor. So if you have 5 suppressors you have to carry 5 trust copies and 5 tax stamp copies instead of carrying 1 trust copy and a copy of your tax stamp with you for each suppressor.

Great option if you are buying 1 suppressor.

I will tell you now......do not buy 1 suppressor unless you are willing to buy 5.

I bought 1 and my buddy told me this. I called him nuts.

I have since added 2 more .30 cal cans, a .45 can and a rimfire can. And I really am trying to talk myself out of 2 more.

Comment

A trust option by silencer shop. You buy a trust that is dedicated to that suppressor. So if you have 5 suppressors you have to carry 5 trust copies and 5 tax stamp copies instead of carrying 1 trust copy and a copy of your tax stamp with you for each suppressor.

Great option if you are buying 1 suppressor.

I will tell you now......do not buy 1 suppressor unless you are willing to buy 5.

I bought 1 and my buddy told me this. I called him nuts.

I have since added 2 more .30 cal cans, a .45 can and a rimfire can. And I really am trying to talk myself out of 2 more.
                    One shot trust is a trust for that one suppressor. I can add anyone to it by the signature of a piece of paper. I just have to have a copy of it in my safe and they have to carry the paper around while in possession of the suppressor. I can also take anybody off at any point as well. I bought it for buddies to use and not having to worry about getting my suppressor back. So i just added them and if they keep it no big deal. I only have 1 copy with tax stamp and trust on it. So it is just one piece of paper instead of 2. Didn't really follow on that. But just adding a little more depth to the one shot. You are %100 correct, I bought 3 and looking for more always. I thought I would buy one .30 cal and just transfer them, but that was a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                      If you had to buy one silencer to range from 22-30 cal, what would it be?
                      That is a loaded question, alot of great suppressors out there. I would probably get the SilencerCo Omega.

Comment

Working...
                      X