No announcement yet.

2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of our guys killed a pretty big hog. it was probably close to 250. I drew back on one but got winded. I think that between four hunters in camp, excluding the guys who came to drink, we saw a total of one deer on the hoof. the place is looking good though and we are ready to rock for the rest of the season. put some new cameras out and moved around a couple that were not giving up much. have a pretty solid ten point, close to 140" visiting in the daytime near one of my stands. I may not be up again until muzzle loader when I spend the entire season in the woods (9 days). probably hunt locally till then. plan to hit it hard in November with the bow and again for a week during rifle.

Comment

shoot the stupid coon dog and show that trespasser a lesson. *******s have no respect.

Comment

I almost bought a bear license but decided against it. Then the first sit, I see the dang bear. He was small but I would have taken him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

that is cool. we have not really had them on our place this year. thankfully!

Comment

The action hadn’t completely wound down from the cool snap this week I guess, saw a good amount of deer the past two days. Nice doe hit the ground this morning. Anyone else been out?

Comment

Anyone been this week? They moving any better with this little front?

Comment

Kinda slow for us this weekend. I took my soon to be son in-law out for his 1st ever hunt and he shot right over the back of a doe.

Comment

Hunted Thursday through Saturday morning. Had a nice 8 and a young scrubby 4 point come by the stand (together). Had two does and a fawn come on as well. I didn’t witness any chasing. No more sign of the bear. Looking forward to cooler weather. Good luck!

Comment

Hunted Saturday evening with all three kids since we finally had a day with no sports. Saw four doe and a few hogs. Deer are starting to hit acorns and only stop at corn briefly at my place

Comment

nice, im not sure if I'll make it up this weekend with the rain chances. I plan to be up for the entire MZ season though with most of the other members in our camp. we should have a full house and hopefully get some deer on the ground. the weather is shaping up to be nice. last year it was hot and pitiful hunting.

Comment

Hunting the border of Pittsburg and Latimer counties and the mature bucks are chasing hard. We have seen at least two each day chasing hard since Sunday. This is the earliest we have ever seen mature bucks on does. Also seeing doe fawns without mama. A 5 year old buck came by 4 times in an hour, grunting and following does.

Comment

Shoot! I'm not ready yet.....ha! I'm trying to save up brownie points with wife for at least two more weeks....

Comment

Originally posted by dadams View Post
                            Hunting the border of Pittsburg and Latimer counties and the mature bucks are chasing hard. We have seen at least two each day chasing hard since Sunday. This is the earliest we have ever seen mature bucks on does. Also seeing doe fawns without mama. A 5 year old buck came by 4 times in an hour, grunting and following does.
                            Nice, guess I'll brave some rain chances and have a few sits this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Lots of bucks pushing doe on camera lots of scrapes. I would say muzzleloader is right on time. Be in the stand as much as possible between now and thanksgiving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted Friday and Saturday before the storm. I shot a doe and lost blood after 100 yards. Looked for several hours with no luck. Cameras showed not much activity, but that was over hand corn spots. Acorns are dropping by the thousands it appears, as I still see about half left in the trees.

Good luck, ready to get back out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X