Clear All

Here's the stand I was talking about don't know if I uploaded that right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
      Here's the stand I was talking about don't know if I uploaded that right

This one is still on public land. South of that is the San Gabriel river, close to the dried blue swimming pool.

Comment

That screaming sound was La Mujer Lechuza, good thing you got out of there!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
          That screaming sound was La Mujer Lechuza, good thing you got out of there!

Oh **** I thought lechusa's were only in the valley lol never heard anyone up here say anything about'em

Comment

pgis

I am off Wednesday through Friday every week. If anyone wants to pig hunt granger. let me know I live in hutto. been in texas since 2002 and still haven't harvested a pig yet. can be reached 254-466-3807 or email fthoodtanker@gmail.com.

Originally posted by Ryango View Post
            Went out to gate 6 pre-dawn twice last week after being away all summer. 1st morning I saw a nice group of about a dozen led by a big sow come across a meadow just as the light was changing. She busted me and charged across about 40 yds away at the nearest point. Got off 2 arrows as they passed, missed both.

Made my way up to an arundo stand I call Hog Majal. Crawled in there an scared myself to death as several pigs of various sizes came close to me and made noise but were too obscured by brush to shoot. Id like to go back there with about 3-5 guys to push them out sometime.

2nd day went back with my buddy but didn't see any pigs. Saw lots of deer, a diamondback rattlesnake in a tree line, and a big fat water moccasin down by the trashy fishing hole.

I love tramping around up there but it would be nice to kill something soon.

Comment

There is a rumor that they are about to legalize rifle hunting in the Granger WMA, but you still have to wear your blaze. Anyone hearing about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
                There is a rumor that they are about to legalize rifle hunting in the Granger WMA, but you still have to wear your blaze. Anyone hearing about this?
                Doubt it. For pigs or deer or what. You're supposed to wear you Orange regardless unless bird hunting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                  Doubt it. For pigs or deer or what. You're supposed to wear you Orange regardless unless bird hunting.

I was wondering about the rules around everyone wearing blaze... understand why its there. But should it be everyone that goes into the WMA not just hunters? After seeing a church youth group doing some type of nature retreat backpacking around Gate #3 made me nervous for them.

Comment

I was wondering about the rules around everyone wearing blaze... understand why its there. But should it be everyone that goes into the WMA not just hunters? After seeing a church youth group doing some type of nature retreat backpacking around Gate #3 made me nervous for them.

"All persons on public hunting lands (state, national forests, and grasslands) during daylight hours when hunting with firearms is permitted must wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headgear, and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back.

Exempt from these requirements are:

persons hunting turkey, migratory birds, alligators, or desert bighorn sheep;
                    persons within the enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle; or
                    persons within a designated campground, designated vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility, or departmental check station."

vs

"11. Must I wear hunter orange?
                    Corps Non-Permit Lakes: No, but the proper wearing of hunter orange is highly
                    recommended for hunter safety. Please refer to the information for Sam Rayburn Lake
                    and Wright Patman Lake for specific requirements on wearing hunter orange.
                    Corps Permit Lakes: Yes. Hunters (and anyone accompanying the hunter) must
                    wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material (144 square inches on both
                    chest and back) when hunting and are also required to wear some type of orange head
                    wear. Hunters exempt from this requirement are: persons hunting deer/turkey/feral hog
                    during the archery only season and persons hunting turkey, waterfowl, or migratory
                    birds (except dove hunters during concurrent hunts for quail)."

The answer is I have no ****ing idea, but I wear it!!!
                    Last edited by Removed; 10-04-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                      https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hun...ze-orange-laws

"All persons on public hunting lands (state, national forests, and grasslands) during daylight hours when hunting with firearms is permitted must wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headgear, and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back.

Exempt from these requirements are:

persons hunting turkey, migratory birds, alligators, or desert bighorn sheep;
                      persons within the enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle; or
                      persons within a designated campground, designated vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility, or departmental check station."

The answer is I have no ****ing idea, but I wear it!!!
                      This is the only part that applies to us. Any lands managed by TP&W are subject the rules and regulations as outlined in the Public Hunting Lands Map Booklet. If it's in the book it is managed by TP&W.

You MUST wear hunter orange and the church group should be as well; everyone should, the only exceptions are outlined above.

Lake Waco would be a WMA that adheres to the other rules.
                      Last edited by Rat; 10-04-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

You should tell them, they probably just don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                          You should tell them, they probably just don't know.
                          Yeah, i was thinking about saying something but I definitely will if I run into them again. Has anyone else seen this group? Cant remember the church but their vans were from one of the larger churches in Austin. Its a pretty loud group but at least they are getting kids out into nature.. even if they did ruin my hunt that day.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post

Great job!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post

And he does it again. Noobs, get with this guy if you want to kill a pig!

Comment

Working...
                                X