"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
    One more question from curiosity, has anyone ever been robbed or heard stories of anyone being held up out at granger? A friend of mines husband was robbed on public land in east Texas, they took his $800 bowtech. CHL aside, any war stories like that in central Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you recall where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
      Do you recall where?

Somewhere around Beaumont, I've never hunted east Texas I don't know exactly

Comment

Went out to gate 6 pre-dawn twice last week after being away all summer. 1st morning I saw a nice group of about a dozen led by a big sow come across a meadow just as the light was changing. She busted me and charged across about 40 yds away at the nearest point. Got off 2 arrows as they passed, missed both.

Made my way up to an arundo stand I call Hog Majal. Crawled in there an scared myself to death as several pigs of various sizes came close to me and made noise but were too obscured by brush to shoot. Id like to go back there with about 3-5 guys to push them out sometime.

2nd day went back with my buddy but didn't see any pigs. Saw lots of deer, a diamondback rattlesnake in a tree line, and a big fat water moccasin down by the trashy fishing hole.

I love tramping around up there but it would be nice to kill something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryango View Post
          Went out to gate 6 pre-dawn twice last week after being away all summer. 1st morning I saw a nice group of about a dozen led by a big sow come across a meadow just as the light was changing. She busted me and charged across about 40 yds away at the nearest point. Got off 2 arrows as they passed, missed both.

Made my way up to an arundo stand I call Hog Majal. Crawled in there an scared myself to death as several pigs of various sizes came close to me and made noise but were too obscured by brush to shoot. Id like to go back there with about 3-5 guys to push them out sometime.

2nd day went back with my buddy but didn't see any pigs. Saw lots of deer, a diamondback rattlesnake in a tree line, and a big fat water moccasin down by the trashy fishing hole.

I love tramping around up there but it would be nice to kill something soon.

let me know when and where im down to join you on that idea

Comment

Thinkin about headin out to the lake today about 2ish, is hunter orange required out there?

Comment

Thinkin about headin out to the lake today about 2ish, is hunter orange required out there?

Yes, 12"x12" front and back and hat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget your hog tags

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Hog tags!!??!!.....your ****tin me right?

Comment

Wasn't sure on the orange so I. Called the office and the woman who answered wasn't very sure either lol but hog tags?? Come on now...

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      That's mean haha!

Comment

Wasn't sure on the orange so I. Called the office and the woman who answered wasn't very sure either lol but hog tags?? Come on now...

Duchess has them, just go ask Theresa for some public land hog tags; they are free, just used to keep count is all.

Comment

Don't get caught without them!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            Duchess has them, just go ask Theresa for some public land hog tags; they are free, just used to keep count is all.
                            Free.99! Heck of a deal for not gettin caught without'em. California charges $100 or so per hog tag...craziness.

At that trashy fishin hole...midMay...the hogs were rollin through there just at night fall. Most were wet...so they had to be swimming in from somewheres.

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Last time I went to the PC we saw a group by the little island swimming about 2pm

Comment

Went out to gate 6 today no luck, but I did meet another bowhunter named Chris, if you're on here or if someone knows him tell him I said thanks for the bottle of water. Once the clouds rolled in the humidity that came with'em took it all out of me. After that bottle of water I Had enough In me to go and explore the other side.

Couple of questions for y'all, I was following some cow tracks down the trail on the right side of the gate. Does that go into private land? Because I came across a homemade tree stand didn't know if I went too far but I definitely didn't jump any fences.

Also, at the end of that trail I came to a small swampy little pool of water with a lot tracks around it, was a little elevated on the far side so I decided to go up and look further on. Then something screamed at me. Sounds crazy I know, but it sounded like a god**** howler monkey. And it was close, stopped me in my tracks and then when I started moving again I heard it 3-4 more times. Couldn't get it on my GoPro. I turned around and gtfo there the sun was already goin down and I realized I didn't pack my headlamp today. Figured someone was messing me because I was on privately land but I dk. It def worked tho lol scared the **** outta me haha

Comment

Working...
                                X