Age? Deer named High Rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age? Deer named High Rise

Looked middle aged during mid summer but now starting to look a little older. This deer has never been seen by any hunters including me, only on my trailcam. Had a huge drop last year on his right side about 8 inches long.
    Attached Files

Next pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks 4-5 years old to me. Good looking buck either way

Comment

He has a lot of neck muscle in the top velvet pic. Lot of width in between the front shoulders in his brisket also. Head shape more of a mature buck also. He looks to have calloused knees and swollen knees in the last pics. In the last pic he is starting to show that squared up muscle down the front of his throat that you would seen in late summer with mature bucks. The first pic I thought 6 or older. Second pic more of a 5 yr old. Last pic more of a 6 yr old again.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
            He has a lot of neck muscle in the top velvet pic. Lot of width in between the front shoulders in his brisket also. Head shape more of a mature buck also. He looks to have calloused knees and swollen knees in the last pics. In the last pic he is starting to show that squared up muscle down the front of his throat that you would seen in late summer with mature bucks. The first pic I thought 6 or older. Second pic more of a 5 yr old. Last pic more of a 6 yr old again.
            Here's a another pic, taken mid July
            Attached Files

Comment

6.5, name is fitting

Comment

Kinda off the subject but was his right side messed up last year as well. I'm always curious with deer like this. I couldn't make out any signs of an injury from those pics.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                  I made all the same assessments. The last pic shows a protruding brisket which also denotes older age (6+). Also, I have noticed when hunting S. TX and Mexico, as a deer gets past maturity, they're drop tines tended to diminish or go away entirely.

Comment

6+....but the clown that will age/score him will probably say 4.5!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                      Kinda off the subject but was his right side messed up last year as well. I'm always curious with deer like this. I couldn't make out any signs of an injury from those pics.
                      His right side was weak last year as well, not sure why though

Comment

That buck has all kinds of personality. Love him. 6 plus years old. Good luck to you.

Comment

At least 6, probably older.

Comment

No younger than 5.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              Here's a another pic, taken mid July
                              Whoa...he gets older looking every time you add a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X