No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been seeing any bucks or signs? I've seen a few rubs but that's about it. Seen deer movement from 9-10am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two weekends ago they were tending scrape lines and most movement was from 830 to 930 in the morning. Going this coming weekend and will report back.

Comment

This weather change will throw itin high gear. Got new bucks showing up and a crap load of big deer already busted up! Im thinking Thursday evening will gte a monster killed here. Im taking a nephew after a nice five year old 8p this eve. Hope he shows.

Comment

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

So lets hear y'alls predictions for rut.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Not sure rather this is predictions or hopes... but I hope bucks will be cruising all day for doe this weekend with the cool weather. Should kick off the movement for sure. Going to pack a lunch and make a day of it. May get down to move but that's it. Not sure where I'll be yet.

I'm sure this thread will light up with buck sightings. Good weekend to put one on the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

This weekend oughta be good. Between the moon, the heat and the skeeters last weekend was brutal. I did see deer though, Sat morning I split air right over a big skillet heads back it was just miserable hunting. Ppl seeing many white oaks dropping acorns yet? The trees I was hunting this last weekend were loaded but not quite dropping yet, pin oaks were raining acorns though.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

75% of our does will breed next week.

Comment

yep this is the time to be ready ..bucks will be crashing under brush chasing doe after this cooldown..it can happen so fast..its very exciting

Comment

Anxious for this weekend and I did end up proposing the last time we went. She said yes. I had to use plan b but it worked after a beautiful weekend and some good videos.

She's going to take a break this weekend from the travels so I'll be out there with just a buddy of mine. Hope we all do well these coming days.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats snikrah! That's how you start it off right... In the woods.

I'll be down there next weekend. Can't wait to get 30' up a tree and watch the forest come to life... Good luck this weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        This weather change will throw itin high gear. Got new bucks showing up and a crap load of big deer already busted up! Im thinking Thursday evening will get a monster killed here.

Well we just experienced one of the most intense ruts i have ever witnessed. There were so many does in heat at once that does were literally running bucks trying to take them from other does. Lots of does bred. We should have a great week ahead as the does get out of heat and the bucks start back looking.

FYI.... Thursday evening DID get our target buck on the ground.

Comment

Well just had 3 doe dead to their rights at 30 yards till one wouldn't take its last step out of the brush. Too thick to send an arrow through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well we just experienced one of the most intense ruts i have ever witnessed. There were so many does in heat at once that does were literally running bucks trying to take them from other does. Lots of does bred. We should have a great week ahead as the does get out of heat and the bucks start back looking.

I experienced the same GarGuy. Thursday morning the bucks were on the move. Friday morning they were rutting pretty heavily. But it was south of the DCNF on some small private acreage.

Comment

Where you're seeing this was it in heavily timbered areas, or in open pasture/farmland? I'm hunting a pine plantation and we haven't seen chit. It's been sad, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                Where you're seeing this was it in heavily timbered areas, or in open pasture/farmland? I'm hunting a pine plantation and we haven't seen chit. It's been sad, really.
                                There were five of us hunting. We all set up where we knew there were does. Every time a mature doe showed up there was either a buck with her of one there within five minutes. Only the fawns got to eat thursday evening. We had multiple does actually breeding and even had does that didnt have bucks with them run into the chase to flirt with bucks. Dad and i killed HiBeam and Johnnys son killed the monster 12pt he was sitting for that evening.

Mark had both shooters at his set but they ran a doe under him repeatedly and he couldnt get them stopped. I think he saw 6 different bucks. He was on acorns and we were on a food plot/hand corn.
                                Last edited by GarGuy; 10-22-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X