No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theres a 7U elite team called nitro out of corpus... they played in one of our 8U Tourneys....

they played well for being 'little' guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      theres a 7U elite team called nitro out of corpus... they played in one of our 8U Tourneys....

they played well for being 'little' guys ...
      yeah thats them, they were the sandcrabs last year, rumor is something happened last fall and the sandcrabs org was suspended by utrip. i dont think it was this 7u team, but an older sandcrabs team that had some issues.

hopefully we will see them sunday.

Comment

we had two teams that got moved up . I think we will be moved up after next tourney..... actually looking forward to it.. boys seem to play up.. and i enjoy watching good teams..
        As coach says.. line 'em up.

Comment

UTrips new website is SOOOOO much easier to use... glad my money is finally getting used somewhere..

Comment

do you guys plan on doing any kid pitch this summer? we didnt do any kid pitch during 8u with my older sons team and i wish we would have. that 9u fall was rough at the beginning, there was a huge difference between the kids/teams that had some KP time (eagles, bombers, spitfire) and those that didnt. i think the gap closed significantly by late 9u spring, and is gone now, but those first 3-4 9u tournaments were tough.

there is a city league not too far from us that does "modified kid pitch," i think we will try to get in that this summer or fall and i am not sure how much coach pitch we will play next year in 8u.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              do you guys plan on doing any kid pitch this summer? we didnt do any kid pitch during 8u with my older sons team and i wish we would have. that 9u fall was rough at the beginning, there was a huge difference between the kids/teams that had some KP time (eagles, bombers, spitfire) and those that didnt. i think the gap closed significantly by late 9u spring, and is gone now, but those first 3-4 9u tournaments were tough.

there is a city league not too far from us that does "modified kid pitch," i think we will try to get in that this summer or fall and i am not sure how much coach pitch we will play next year in 8u.
              Our 8U teams have had a pitching 'program' since inception..in preparation for 9U.
              We have a dad that was a minor league pitcher running it ..and he's teaching fundamentals every scheduled practive (one of the boys stations they go through) ..and these kids already pitch better than some 9U-10U and 11U teams..
              all we need is strikes baby... let them hit.. Defense will take care of the rest.
              No free bases.

9U is PAINFUL to watch...
              walk steal walk steal walk steal hit-batter steal grounder steal walk walk hit-umpire walk

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. seems like we are going to be doing lots of driving around the west side of Houston this weekend. Hope the rain stays away long enough to get a complete tournament in.

Comment

yup, at 9-10-11yo walks are what separates the teams for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigWoods View Post
                    Thanks for the info guys. seems like we are going to be doing lots of driving around the west side of Houston this weekend. Hope the rain stays away long enough to get a complete tournament in.
                    good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

9U is PAINFUL to watch...
                      walk steal walk steal walk steal hit-batter steal grounder steal walk walk hit-umpire walk
                      Indeed. Sometimes it's...

walk, steal, steal, passed ball/score, walk repeat

Throwing strikes is key at that age. Just make sure those little arms get PLENTY of rest and aren't overworked.

Comment

Just dont pick a 9U game to sharpen your camera skills for capturing a batter...
                        you will waste a lot of time waiting for a swing...
                        you will get some great blooper shots and possibly some evidence to use in an assault case later...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigWoods View Post
                          Anybody ever played out at The Rac in Waller? We are there for a 11 major Super Nit on Saturday and was just wondering about the complex. I know it is a 45 minute drive from where we are staying next to Baseball USA of course.
                          We'll be there as well 11u, what team are yall with?

Comment

9u Kid pitch was the reason we moved to select ball - Literally went games without getting strikes thrown to us in rec ball. It was brutal.

Comment

Boys are now number 1 in state and number 7 in nation in utrip select 8u.
                              Going to bump to elite after next tourney...then its all about getting ready for gulf shores..
                              Was told we'll be doing some 9u tournaments as well...that should be fun.

Comment

Once you get bumped you might be forced to play up, there doesn't seem to ever be many 8AAA teams, not in DFW anyway.

Good stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X