Houston Texans 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Texans 2017

Lots of anticipation this year with the club and this regime finally going all in on a qb. I really think they got their guy. I didn't see a new Texans thread for this upcoming year and with rookie minicamp about to start, it's hard to not be excited.

Word on the street is deshaun has spent the last week 2-3 hours a day learning the offense and going over installs with TJ Yates. Just promising to see he is the all in type of guy we want in that spot.

I know everyone is worried about the line but I think we will be ok. They will make it work. We get nick Martin back and manzc was more than solid last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The narrative on Rick Smith has changed drastically since Bill O’Brien was hired by the Houston Texans just a few years ago.

Pretty good write up about how smith and obrien have adapted to each other. Everyone is always so anti smith but I personally think he has built an impressive team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm on the bubble regarding this season. I like Watson at QB, but that will depend on how he matures and learns from now till opening day. I am excited to see our defense with Watt back combined with Clowney, Mercillus, and Cushing. If those guys play like last year and Watt is back to 100% then we should have a top 3 if not number 1 defense in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        I'm on the bubble regarding this season. I like Watson at QB, but that will depend on how he matures and learns from now till opening day. I am excited to see our defense with Watt back combined with Clowney, Mercillus, and Cushing. If those guys play like last year and Watt is back to 100% then we should have a top 3 if not number 1 defense in the league.

Opposing offensive coordinators are definitely going to have their hands full!
        Last edited by Chew; 05-19-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Astros will have more double digit scores than the Texans will.
          Cant throw passes from your back.

Comment

the o-line may not need to protect f0 30 seconds per snap now...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Astros will have more double digit scores than the Texans will.
              Cant throw passes from your back.
              Their Oline isn't as bad as people make it out to be... and it was riddled with injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Opposing defensive coordinators are definitely going to have their hands full!

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  Their Oline isn't as bad as people make it out to be... and it was riddled with injuries.
                  My point...when we ran a 2 minute offence..the "QB"9lol0 didn't have time to think..just run the play and did ok..but when he had to think..the O-Line had to try and hold for 2+ times longer than most all the other teams...

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Whoops. Had to fix that crazy post. Typo!

Comment

The schedule is very different from last year, they probably have one of the toughest schedules in the league. it will not be the most conducive situation for getting a rookie qb snaps but i've never bought into bringing a Pro along slowly. he has lots of time to learn the system and now it's just a matter of learning the speed of the game. I think if we win 8 games it will be a good season, if they win more it will be because the defense wins one or two for them.

Comment

8-8,9-7 at best for this team IMO

Comment

I don't think you'll see DW start a game in 2017 unless Savage gets hurt (likely) or has multiple, multi-interception games.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            8-8,9-7 at best for this team IMO
                            barring injuries....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              barring injuries....
                              Yep

Comment

Working...
                              X