• Show
Clear All

Does it work?

Has anybody tired this?

Nope but interesting

Comment

Is it worth the 100.00 price tag?

Comment

Be worried about rust and algae short living the unit down here.

Comment

They won't ship to me....so I don't know

Comment

Wow, that's stupid.

LMMFAO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It will scale or film the coil fins and decrease its ability to transfer heat. This is nothing new, folks have been destroying their AC's for years with sprinklers. The units are designed to operate in high temps, keep it maintained.

Comment

Yep, looks like a good way to void a warranty. that little filter isn't going to get much out of the water.

If you want a more efficient a/c, there are no gimmicks, or short cuts. Extremely efficient systems are out there. $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                  Yep, looks like a good way to void a warranty. that little filter isn't going to get much out of the water.

If you want a more efficient a/c, there are no gimmicks, or short cuts. Extremely efficient systems are out there. $$$$$

Exactly.
                  Also, proper ductwork is a huge plus too. No central return, but a return in every room sized 10% larger than the supply.
                  A high/low return is even better.

Comment

In low humidity states they still use swamp coolers, which is essentially a giant fan that adds high humidity (water). In low humidity area the increased humidity makes things feel much cooler. In high humidity area you're wasting your time.

Comment

With all the R&D they do it seems to me that if that really worked, the HVAC companies would include it on their units from the factory.

Comment

so if the water cools the condenser coils, the high pressure decreases correct? the cooling in the evaporator coil is all based on expansion and pressure decrease correct? if the pressures are not running at the levels they are intended to run, would the A/C not be running at less than peak performance? Just asking for a friend!

Comment

Our unit runs nonstop it seems like. It's only 4 yrs old. It's been checked for leaks and nothing showed up.

Comment

I don't know what part of Texas you live in, but here in Houston it would not work because of the humidity. If you live in a dryer area it may work.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              I don't know what part of Texas you live in, but here in Houston it would not work because of the humidity. If you live in a dryer area it may work.

No it wouldn't
                              It will ruin the unit wherever you live

Comment

Working...
                              X