Leica versus Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
    I have been very happy with my Leica Geovid HD’s.
    Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
      It appears that for bow hunting Vortex Fury should work well, you are not shooting long range or in significant low light situations. I seldom shoot outside 40 yds and if light too low cannot see my pin anyway. Cost, performance for the task at hand, and CS lean towards Vortex.

The Vortex Fury is actually pretty nice and will likely work well for bowhunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It appears that for bow hunting Vortex Fury should work well, you are not shooting long range or in significant low light situations. I seldom shoot outside 40 yds and if light too low cannot see my pin anyway. Cost, performance for the task at hand, and CS lean towards Vortex.
        Post your results of which you buy, and what you like or dislike after you get chance to use them
        Following for advise on my purchase, thanks

Comment

I was hoping you would buy the Nikon and let us know how good it was. Contact Arrowsmith on here and he will give you a good price on Vortex, plus he is a site sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Never had a problem with Vortex. For the price, I would put them up against Sworvski's any day. No one here will agree with me, but that's fine.

My own anecdotal evidence was elk hunting last year, when I was able to see tines from my Vortex bino's and our guide couldn't see anything besides color of the elk's back out of his Swarovski's. Guide used my bino's and was able to see the tines.
            That is what you would call an anomaly. Swaros are 100 times the binos of Vortex. Spend a significant amount of time glassing and the high end glass will always come out on top.

With that said, it is all relative to what your application is and what are your expectations. I spend a lot of time glassing on hunts all over North America. My Swaros and Leica are the best hunting investments I've ever made.
            Last edited by samson33; 06-12-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
              Snap-On vs Harbor Freight
              This comparison made me chuckle

Comment

Id rather have a Tasco before another vortex. I had absolutely terrible luck with the ones I had. Their customer service was great but 2 scopes in a months time that fell apart and fogged up inside during our prime rut. They sent me a more expensive model but its still in the box in the gun cabinet. Don't trust Vortex enough to mount it on another gun.

Comment

Already reached out to Arrowsmith and will post the pros and cons, like I said I have a pair of Swaro’s and my son has a Leica I can compare. I already believe Vortex glass will not be as good, but I don’t believe Swaro or Leica will be “100” times better in a bow hunting scenario

Comment

Already reached out to Arrowsmith and will post the pros and cons, like I said I have a pair of Swaro’s and my son has a Leica I can compare. I already believe Vortex glass will not be as good, but I don’t believe Swaro or Leica will be “100” times better in a bow hunting scenario
                    Again, depends on your application and scenario. I only bow hunt. Some of my hunts consist of glassing from 1000's of yds away for days at a time.

From a tree stand while whitetail hunting, only difference that would even matter would be dusk and dawn. Spot and stalk across North America......no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      Never had a problem with Vortex. For the price, I would put them up against Sworvski's any day. No one here will agree with me, but that's fine.

My own anecdotal evidence was elk hunting last year, when I was able to see tines from my Vortex bino's and our guide couldn't see anything besides color of the elk's back out of his Swarovski's. Guide used my bino's and was able to see the tines.
                      I had a similar experience with a Leupold scope and a Zeiss conquest. I had been shooting on the 200 yard range and couldn't see my bullet holes on the paper thru the Leupold scope, which didn't bother me really as I have a spotting scope, however, the Leupold wouldn't hold zero and I returned it to Cabela's and got a Ziess Conquest. Go to the 200 yard range and I can see every single shot no problem. I realized how much better glass that Zeiss had. I couldn't tell just looking thru the scopes before any difference but the holes told the real story. I buy Zeiss scopes now.

RD

Comment

I do not know a thing about Leica warranty, had my 10 x 42 with range finder since they came out, what is that, maybe 15 years or more ? Never a problem and they been to Alaska, Canada, Yukon Territories, Mexico, and all over the U S.

Comment

Don’t believe I will spot and stalk in South Texas

Comment

I purposely went to Cabelas to purchase the Fury binos. After comparing the glass quality to leica......I honestly was disgusted. For a difference of $200 you can get rangefinding leica binos. Only bad thing about that leica model was the button was on the left side unlike the higher end leica with the button on the right.

Comment

I like my vortex optics, but Leica wins hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                                I like my vortex optics, but Leica wins hands down.
                                Yeah my thought as well...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X