Stealth Cam 1540IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealth Cam 1540IR

Anyone have one? How long have you had it and do you like/hate it? Wanting to get one but not before I get the Forum Go-Ahead!

Takes some of the best IR pics on the market for the money but I haven't seen one last longer than a year that is heavily used! I've had a few and the 590 model as well but exchanged more than I think you should have to! Academy is good peoples but that camera has some cheap components......great pictures though......wish Scout Guard would put the camera part in its housing for the clarity!
    Last edited by KingsX; 08-10-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I like mine got it last christmas, seems to work fine though it does seem to go through batteries. I'm going to get the external power supply with solar panel.

Although I tried out all the different modes, just to see if they worked, in the end I just have it take a single shot with a 5 minute delay for now. Will drop that time when I start going once a week instead of once every 3.

Comment

I have and love it. I get great pictures and I have had the same 12v source on it for 4 months with out issue. The price is great as well. I think I paid around $120.
        Attached Files

Comment

I had one and it was awesome, but the Academy in Victoria doesn't sell the I540, now it's called the Rogue, and I am very disappointed in it. I've gone through three in the last few weeks for the same issue, the infrared doesn't work and it makes a loud noise every time it takes a picture, so I'll be looking for something else now.

Comment

My I540IR made a loud clicking noise right before the IR lights lit up (heard it was the IR filter dropping into place. Took it back and traded it in for an I590 and bought a Thermacell with the additional credit.

predatorsniper

Comment

Great pics when it works, but it's hit and miss with me.

Comment

I havve 6 of them and also have the external 12v battery pack on them all with a solar panel on each and they stay out yr round. Takes great pic's just do not point them at the sun rising or setting you will get alot of false pic's.

Comment

Very pitiful cam, be lucky if it last couple months, you will get alot of blanks, or blowing weeds. Pics are ok if anything is in them. Mine would take so many pics of nothing that it was full a week after leaving it. All have been returned.

Comment

Have mine for over a year. Literally thousands of pics. I think its the best bang for the buck in that price range. There is a click of the ir lense. Thats how you get color and black and white pics. Animals dont care at all. Mine has been VERY reliable. I have got a few false pics. Not near enough to worry about. Maybe 3 out of 150. Could be stuff just not in the pic area. Id HIGHLY reccomend one. The only other cam that has outlasted this one is my Leaf River IR which is more $$$.

Comment

Half of my night time pics are from deer spooking because of the click.

I guess that is the difference in East texas deer vs. other parts of the state- they don't like odd sounds.

I still have it out though , & it is still taking pics (they look great to me).

Battery life is GREAT as well.

Comment

Some mixed opinions but mostly good. I think I'll go get me one Friday. Thanks for all the POV's guys!

Comment

i have had one working for a year and a half. They do go through a lot of batteries so i would recommend the 12 volt battery pack with solar panel. Great pics day and night.

Comment

Haven't had a problem with mine so far so good

Comment

Good value for the dollar. Fairly light usage except pre-season and during the rut. Two years in service, no problems whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                              X