Aerobic or in ground septic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
    My aerobic runs out behind the barn and keeps grass growing thick for the horses. Helps cut down on buying extra hay in the summer, so it's a win for me. Not sure whay the service co tract stuff is about. I just occasionally drop a chlorine tab in the slot for them and clean the air pump filter and go back inside where it's cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    You must be in one of the few counties that allows homeowner maintenance. Most counties do not allow homeowner maintenance and you have to pay for a certified professional to "maintain" (aka inspect) your system 3 times per year for compliance with regulations. They send reports to the county and when there's a problem, you get nasty, threatening letters from the county abou5 fines if you don't fix the "problem" (which has usually been remedied prior to the letter anyway).

However we have replaced our pump 3 times @ approximately $450 each time, replaced sprinklers, had lines break plus had numerous other issues throughout the 17 years.

Not to mention when our power was out for 2 days with recent storms... this means no power to the septic so its not aerating or spraying. This caused the tanks to get FULL and after a couple days of that, will begin backing up into the house (happened once after a power outage a few years ago). Also, no aeration means the good bacteria in the system die which in turn, caused an odor when spraying for about 3 days after the power came back on.

Comment

My aerobic system, Clearstream, is 22 years old and the only parts used to date is a couple sets of diffusers and a chlorinator tank pump out pump. I do keep a service contract in place but the Texas code does say that the homeowner can do the maintenance and service themselves.

Comment

I have a conventional, Great!

Comment

Knock on wood never had a major problem with my aerobic. 10 years and replaced 1 diaphragm myself. Keeps my yard looking good. Mines a Solar Air system,was told by many don't put in the Norenco,sp,brand. Pour Clorox in the tube and let it ride.

Comment

Conventional with a proper leech field is the way to go.

Not sure why tying in the barn later would be any different with either system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my conventional also over 20yrs no problems. Seems my neighbors with aerobic have a lot of maintance issues.

Comment

Diaphrams, diffusers, filters, heads, pumps, service contracts...hmm sounds like a no brainer to me unless you have special circumstances. I have a conventional system with none of the above headaches.

Comment

I would go conventional but make sure you have sandy enough soil or have a bunch of sand hauled in. Clay and conventional don't work.

Comment

In ground is worth it. I have an aerobic, it's fine, and I've had to replace the pump prematurely, but if I could have conventional, I would in a heartbeat.

Comment

Have had an aerobic system for over 20 years. If given the choice i would for sure go non aerobic.

Comment

Barn

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                        Conventional with a proper leech field is the way to go.

Not sure why tying in the barn later would be any different with either system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
                        Back of property were barn will be is all rock. Only conventional system can go out front where there is no rock. Can't tie into conventional from that far away.

Comment

the yearly fee and bs maintenance plans are a joke on the aerobic systems.. Go conventional or a LPD. Low pressure dump. Kinda a combo or aerobic and conventional combined, but no contract required by the county. You wont need as much drain field with the LPD as well. I have had both..

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                            Why if you sell the place, our county allows em?
                            Our county is good with it for existing, which mine is, and homes with enough acreage to sustain a system. Most new buyers want it changed before they make the purchase, hence make the change.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              No reason to go aerobic unless your forced to.
                              This

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                                Back of property were barn will be is all rock. Only conventional system can go out front where there is no rock. Can't tie into conventional from that far away.
                                What it sounds like, is you want to have one system for the house, and a second system for the barn.

You cannot have two systems on one property unless it's over 100 acres.

Comment

Working...
                                X