No announcement yet.

LIVE - incompetance, insanity, and a major cluster in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blake I have a question. I can't believe these valuable pieces of history will be destroyed or taken to the scrap yard. Has there been any effort by groups who want to take the statues and put them on private property?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Lol! I have the live feed pulled up. You should try it!
      I'm watching it but it's boring compared to Blake's play by play!

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
        Landrieu is just a cheesy politician= idiot= liar.
        So was his father.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          The people who showed up to work on this must be bucking for promotions or raises. I cannot imagine any government union allowing any of its membership to do this type of work.
          This is La we are talking about.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
            I'm watching it but it's boring compared to Blake's play by play!
            Oh, the power slide around Lee Circle was awesome!

Comment

We are doomed.

Comment

I'm betting they are gonna remove the General and leave the pedestal for another statue, maybe Obama himself.

Comment

I'm betting they are gonna remove the General and leave the pedestal for another statue, maybe Obama himself.
                  Oh lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    We are doomed.
                    I wouldn't go that far, but we are jacked up, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Oh lord!
                      This one of BHO is available, they removed it from a park in Indonesia.

Comment

You just struck a nerve here. I had a bad thought after reading that. Then it turned into a funny one. Ya, set that feller on top of that pedestal. That long tall pedestal. Make him seated on that thing.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-19-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

That ol boy driving that truck waiting on the statue to come down is making some book with the detention time they got going on with this project.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            Blake I have a question. I can't believe these valuable pieces of history will be destroyed or taken to the scrap yard. Has there been any effort by groups who want to take the statues and put them on private property?
                            There have been quite a few people and historical organizations come forward expressing serious interest in "saving" these Confederate statues. The Mayor's office hasn't even responded

The monuments were originally paid for by private contributions (not city or public funds) over 100 yrs ago. The city will end up spending between $1M - $2M removing them and eventually replacing the remaining pedestal bases.

Here's where Mayor Mitch Landrieu will be even more of a "Richard" and show his true colors. I have no doubt in my mind he will claim these statues are worth $5, $10, $15 million dollars ??? Basically price gouging and over inflating prices which potential buyers cannot afford. IMO, they should be donated to a historical museum or site that will preserve them where people can remember history - whether your opinion is positive or negative.

Beauvior Civil War Museum in Biloxi, MS really wants them and will give them a great home. Sadly, I see these statues remaining in the city waste disposal yard where they will be vandalized and/or stolen by looters The Jefferson Davis statue is already missing and the city doesn't know where it is

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/orle...cale/440964680

Comment

Now that is sad!

Comment

now, Smithsonian has a black history museum. Can't we have these statues moved next door....and call it the culture crush park?

Comment

Working...
                                X