No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DONE! I hate leg day lol. Weighed in today and the numbers got a little better. Fat was down 1/2 lb and my weight was down a bit also. BF% fell slightly to 18.9%. 8.5 Lbs of fat to go. Off from the gym for the next week and a half so hopefully I dont do too much damage along the way. But if so, Im not going to sweat it. Got to enjoy this thing call life along the way. Im going to try to hit that little white ball far and straight but if not, the 19th hole will still be there.

Comment

Still just pretty much running for me. Upped it by 1/2 a mile this week from 1.5 to 2 miles. Baby steps lol. I'll get 2 more runs in this week then up it to 2.5 miles next week.

Comment

rtp...

How are you getting your BF checked? The hand held meter or with calipers. I've used both and the hand held electronic gizmo has always been consistently higher than calipers.

I guess I'm gonna have to fork over the money to get measured.

Comment

Back and biceps today. Slowly increasing weight since elbow and tendonitis are still at bay. Groin/hip flexors are tender, think I pushed legs too much yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            How are you getting your BF checked? The hand held meter or with calipers. I've used both and the hand held electronic gizmo has always been consistently higher than calipers.

I guess I'm gonna have to fork over the money to get measured.
            My gym has a scale that you stand on. It has two metal pads that contact the heal and front area of each foot. Then you have to hold these two arms out away from your body. It has a metal pad for each thumb pad to make contact with. It then sends a series of electrical impulses through your body and then calculates all of your numbers. It give Lean Mass, Total fat, suggested fat to lose, hydration etc. It also does all of this for each limb and your trunK. After it does all of that, it prints a nice little report with all the info on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper. That makes it nice to keep on file to go back and review later on. They told me the machine costs about $8000. We are allowed to use it as much as we want so I weigh in every Thursday morning to see where Im at.

Now, Im not sure how accurate it is or isnt. I just hope it is consistant so I know which direction Im headed.

Comment

Been a crazy week and my workout plan has been all messed up! Ended up doing shoulders this morning. Got plenty of cardio digging up a plumbing issue though. Hopefully the week to come will be back to normal. Unexpected issues are not good for my OCD!

Comment

Legs and biceps this am. Got really deep with some squats and boy I am feeling it now. I need to start my cardio! Someone push me and get me started.

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                  Legs and biceps this am. Got really deep with some squats and boy I am feeling it now. I need to start my cardio! Someone push me and get me started.
                  What are you wanting to do for cardio? I like the P90X kenpo workout. You can probably buy just that DVD on eBay.

Comment

Chest and triceps today. Last week of babying my elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      What are you wanting to do for cardio? I like the P90X kenpo workout. You can probably buy just that DVD on eBay.
                      I hate cardio with a passion but I am pushing 48 yoa and I am adding that weight to the mid section. I just have not found the motivation to get back on my jump rope. When I start jumping rope I drop the extra fat and shred the core. I work my way up to 1500 jumps a day. I just have not found that motivation yet.

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                        I hate cardio with a passion but I am pushing 48 yoa and I am adding that weight to the mid section. I just have not found the motivation to get back on my jump rope. When I start jumping rope I drop the extra fat and shred the core. I work my way up to 1500 jumps a day. I just have not found that motivation yet.
                        I don't like jumping rope, running, or most cardio workouts. The kenpo is a great alternative. It's a lot of punching and kicking. An hour is over before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          I don't like jumping rope, running, or most cardio workouts. The kenpo is a great alternative. It's a lot of punching and kicking. An hour is over before you know it.
                          Thanks! I will have to look at that.

Chest and triceps early this am. Decent pump but didn't go heavy. Pressed for time but got her done.

Comment

Leg day today...... Everyone loves leg day!

Comment

Back and bis today. Where is everyone?

Comment

Shoulders and abs. Next week starts the bulk up part of the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X