X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Appetite for Repealing Obamacare;
    Large Majorities Support Key Provisions

http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-con...HealthCare.pdf

Even among Republicans and conservatives, majorities support a nationwide standard for coverage of pre-existing conditions (54 and 55 percent, respectively). A narrow majority of conservatives (53 percent) and a substantial share of Republicans (46 percent) also support a national standard for minimum coverage.

Further, just 20 percent of conservatives, a quarter of Republicans, and 28 percent of Trump’s own voters say he should try to encourage failure of the existing law.

In an additional expression of support for the law, Americans by 43-26 percent say they’d rather see Trump work with Democrats than with conservative Republicans in Congress to change it. Twenty-four percent prefer him to work with both.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      It's in the works right now. https://www.conventionofstates.com/

Everyone of us should be following the progress and getting involved where we can. Here's the page for Texas: https://www.cosaction.com/texas

Here's the best place to start to learn about the whole thing: https://www.conventionofstates.com/learn
      SJR2 has been placed on constitutional amendment calendar again, when do you think they will take a vote?

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
        SJR2 has been placed on constitutional amendment calendar again, when do you think they will take a vote?
        Today

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
          It passed. Texas is now the 11th state to join the COS effort officially. We need 34.

Comment

It passed. Texas is now the 11th state to join the COS effort officially. We need 34.

The Republican-controlled Texas Legislature passed a Convention of States Resolution, becoming the eleventh. Article V of the U.S. Constitution allows for a Convention of States to restrict the power of the federal government.

Comment

Yep. Like I always say, the GOP primaries are where we have to win the battles. Simply sending somebody with an (R) after his/her name to Washington doesn't mean jack. We need actual principled Constitutional conservatives, NOT Republicans.
              So sad that the majority don't get that very simple FACT! Being stuck on PARTY affiliation is a pure joke on all of us that think beyond there own nose.
              Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
              They should all serve one term and be done. I rarely vote for an incumbent at any level, regardless of party affiliation. They're giving us a raw deal, and it's been easy to see. In my mind the Rs are the same as the Ds. The power gets to their heads and they turn into blind, lying, power hungry career politicians.
              U are definitely one of the few that is paying attention!
              Originally posted by jerp View Post
              It is really disappointing to learn how many Republicans won't vote to uproot ObamaCare. (at least 20 from what I have read) They all said they were in favor of a bill repealing it when they knew that Obama would veto it anyway. The truth is, many are up for re election and live in districts where a large chunk of their constituents love their ObamaCare. It should not be surprising that they put getting re elected above principal or previous promises. That's what politicians do
              In for the win! Not anything NEW or SPECIAL it just now matters more today than ever before. We don't have much "meat left on this bone", but these nitwits are still acting like we are don't have a serious issue financially. Everyone of them wants there chunk of the golden calf no matter how it affects the nation in the big picture. Re-election is the bottom line..........PERIOD!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                So sad that the majority don't get that very simple FACT! Being stuck on PARTY affiliation is a pure joke on all of us that think beyond there own nose.
                ........o
                Not quite sure how you can say that. The two parties stand for very very different ideologies!! Part affiliation does mean a lot I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SMC View Post
                  Not quite sure how you can say that. The two parties stand for very very different ideologies!! Part affiliation does mean a lot I think.
                  Guess the point went pass you. Yes the ideologies are extremely different but the outcome for the folks that lead the idealistic parties are exactly the same. Sell the middle class down the drain and gain power/money by playing both sides against the middle. But if being a member of a political party is that important to you I fully understand.

Comment

No sir. Respectfully disagree!! Very very strongly though lol.
                    The leaders of the two parties have a very different views on everything. Social issues, fiscal issues global and the list goes on and on. Can you name one issue that the two parties agree on!!

Yes there are crooks in both parties.... but the crooks answer to very different electorates. So yes they may be crooks but their crookedness will be heavily biased towards their ideology!!
                    Last edited by SMC; 05-07-2017, 04:24 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by SMC View Post
                      No sir. Respectfully disagree!! Very very strongly though lol.
                      The leaders of the two parties have a very different views on everything. Social issues, fiscal issues global and the list goes on and on. Can you name one issue that the two parties agree on!!

Yes there are crooks in both parties.... but the crooks answer to very different electorates. So yes they may be crooks but their crookedness will be heavily biased towards their ideology!!
                      The issue that they agree upon is to deceive, mislead and enrich themselves off the backs of American citizens.....YES CROOKS.......R or D......all the same to me in the end! The platform that the R's present to the American public is right up my alley but obviously they have not stuck to that in a generation......Newt Ginrich blew it for me in 90's as I was all in! Again, you are missing the point of the previous responses or you are just willing to settle for mediocre misfits or ...as you put it...crooks. I don't subscribe to political parties because the crooked factor is very real and those are our TAX dollars that are being misappropriated by both primary political parties. I subscribe to individual constitutionalist as Shane posted so eloquently when it comes to high profile candidates. As noted, if we as citizens are basing our vote on a party it is time to reevaluate what we have gotten in return in 30 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X