Started My Flatbed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
    Yeah, but they want too much for those . Doesn't look like Im gonna get too far with this one though. The more I thought about it, the more I remembered the little nit-pick details, and the less I wanted to go through that again. I just don't have the energy for that now that the temps are going back up. It was bad enough in September that I don't want to be wrapping this thing up in July.
    No joke, I know all about that. We ended up getting a porta cool for me and my helper cause we were on the south side of the shop that got all the sun. It made a difference but it started collecting more folks and seemed like we got less done with the cooler air than when it was hotter than a dog.

Comment

You know, I think another one of my problems is indecision. Lets just say there MAY be another build, or not.

Comment

Looks like you and the crew did a great job on the build

Keep us posted if you start number 2 build

Comment

finish my grill first

Comment

I'm not sure if it came to me in a dream or in those moments before you go to sleep that your mind races, but I woke up this morning with a great idea on how to get it knocked out quickly, save some money, and still look good. So, Monday the stock bed comes off and construction begins.

Comment

Originally posted by jhuckaby View Post
              finish my grill first
              If you would make up your mind how you want the base, we could. It's just sitting there being heavy right now.

Comment

If you would make up your mind how you want the base, we could. It's just sitting there being heavy right now.

How much to build me a bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                  How much to build me a bumper?

Depends on what kind you want and what steel prices are right now.

Comment

Depends on what kind you want and what steel prices are right now.

Looking for something like this, but I want to keep my stock fog lights

Comment

And I don't need the light on it.

Comment

Man I really couldn't tell you. I have not built one that holds factory fog lights, so Im not sure what kind of fab work is required, or if we will have time to get to it this year.

Comment

Yeah, but they want too much for those . Doesn't look like Im gonna get too far with this one though. The more I thought about it, the more I remembered the little nit-pick details, and the less I wanted to go through that again. I just don't have the energy for that now that the temps are going back up. It was bad enough in September that I don't want to be wrapping this thing up in July.

Man I can't believe I missed this! Bed looked good on your old truck, but I was wondering which brands you looked at before the build. My '14 2500 lwb has a 8.5' CM bed and it sits pretty low, though it didn't come with a factory gooseneck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I really couldn't tell you. I have not built one that holds factory fog lights, so Im not sure what kind of fab work is required, or if we will have time to get to it this year.

What about using like two of the square led pods in each?

Comment

Depending on the plate just get a hole saw and cut them with that for the fog lights. What we did for a full replacement one time.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                                Looking for something like this, but I want to keep my stock fog lights

That's a slick looking bumper.

Comment

Working...
                                X