X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers to the drawn hunt gods!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
      Hang in there. Took me 26 years and 26 preference points before I was drawn for my first buck hunt last season. Unfortunately, the hunt was the same weekend as my son's mule deer draw hunt.

As insurance I went ahead and paid the $80 for my hunt in case my son came down with a serious illness or what have you that would have kept us from going out west.

Needless to say, 26 preference points went bye-bye, as did my $80.
      Well you can look at it this way. In this draw system, preference points really don't help you very much statistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
        Well you can look at it this way. In this draw system, preference points really don't help you very much statistically.
        Mr. Grizz83 is right. There's so many folks with points in each category that you should just look at it as a random draw.

Comment

Originally posted by ttu1997 View Post
          Wish I knew how many of the 5,500+ entries have more than 20 Preference points. It would be good to know what my probability was to get 1 of my 23 tickets drawn. Still better than winning the lotto mega millions.
          My dad and I have 23 points in Pronghorn category as well. Pending 2nd draw again.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
            Mr. Grizz83 is right. There's so many folks with points in each category that you should just look at it as a random draw.
            Those of us that don't have many points enjoy that fact but understand our tune will change in time. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
              Congrats on the draw and have fun! Just out of curiosity how many years have you been building points or was this your first attempt?
              I had 10 points on the Private Lands Pronghorn and I'm pretty sure that is how many years that they have offered that hunt. I have 18 for Rita Blanca, have yet to be drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                Congratulations! Have a good hunt.
                All the 2nd pendings are hoping you forget to pay!
                Sorry. No such luck. If you get drawn for a Private Lands hunt, there is no additional cost. I've already accepted the hunt.

Comment

I drew out for Gator at J.D. Murphree!!!!! Only took 9 years!!!

Comment

Ill be ther the 13th and 14th

Comment

Originally posted by ttu1997 View Post
                      Wish I knew how many of the 5,500+ entries have more than 20 Preference points. It would be good to know what my probability was to get 1 of my 23 tickets drawn. Still better than winning the lotto mega millions.
                      I don't have quite 20 pp's for pronghorn but getting close.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                        Sorry. No such luck. If you get drawn for a Private Lands hunt, there is no additional cost. I've already accepted the hunt.
                        Make it your dream hunt & don't forget the pics!

Comment

Relatively new to the draw hunts, and obviously never been selected, but are the bag limits listed for each hunt per person in the hunting party or per group?

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                            Relatively new to the draw hunts, and obviously never been selected, but are the bag limits listed for each hunt per person in the hunting party or per group?
                            Per person

Comment

Anyone know when the draw dates are for the next batch of hunts (those with application deadlines on 8/15)?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBears870 View Post
                                Anyone know when the draw dates are for the next batch of hunts (those with application deadlines on 8/15)?
                                Usually the day after the draw closes, sometime after lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X