No announcement yet.

Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm thanks guys appreciate the advice. It's maxed out 70 lb limbs so can't increase speed but I could probably up the arrow weight. I'll do some testing before dumping a bunch of money into it.

We all saw deer last night, no shots presented. Today is nice and cloudy so I'm hoping for more movement. At least it's not 90 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Hmmm thanks guys appreciate the advice. It's maxed out 70 lb limbs so can't increase speed but I could probably up the arrow weight. I'll do some testing before dumping a bunch of money into it.

We all saw deer last night, no shots presented. Today is nice and cloudy so I'm hoping for more movement. At least it's not 90 degrees.
      Are you hunting in area 4??
      Last edited by Pedernal; 11-03-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I'm wanting to hunt 2 but we may go to 4 tonight, everybody is napping right now lol so I'll wake them up and see what the consensus is.

Comment

Its time for a new bow. Skinned the back of a buck last night after he ducked. My buddy sitting 100 yards away said HE jumped when he heard me shoot. I'm shooting a 2009 Bowtech Admiral, he's shooting a 2008 Bowtech Guardian. We took some shots in camp and his is definitely quieter.
          Dang!! Was that a big buck?? And was it already in "alert mode" before you took the shot. I heard a loud bang all the way to Del Rio surely it was not your bow

I'm wanting to hunt 2 but we may go to 4 tonight, everybody is napping right now lol so I'll wake them up and see what the consensus is.
          Cool... It's my first day off and I will be probably hunting in one tonight and tomorrow morning. Is there much deer movement with the moon as bright as it has been? Good luck to you fellas!!

Comment

We’re planning on going on Sunday morning to 5 and hunting bout other spot Saturday morning good luck y’all.!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Dang!! Was that a big buck?? And was it already in "alert mode" before you took the shot. I heard a loud bang all the way to Del Rio surely it was not your bow

Cool... It's my first day off and I will be probably hunting in one tonight and tomorrow morning. Is there much deer movement with the moon as bright as it has been? Good luck to you fellas!!
              Lmao probably was my bow!

Haven't been moving too much really, the one I saw tonight was spooked into me from some guys walking around the ridge about 5 o'clock.

Comment

Well change of plans my buddy and I will be out in 5 tomorrow morning , good luck guys..!!

Comment

Heading out to the inlaws for Thanksgiving. Fishing on the 22nd, and Mouflon hunting with a family friend 24/25th. Can't freaking wait

Comment

Please post if you see muflon. The last time I went I didnt see any. I really dont want to male the 6 hour trip again if they are not in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got my permit through the mail! Can't wait for next week!

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                        Please post if you see muflon. The last time I went I didnt see any. I really dont want to male the 6 hour trip again if they are not in there.

Well me and my Buddy went out this morning and saw not one Muflon in or off the area .!! This is the third trip out there this year with the same results of no luck , we combed the whole area and still nothing maybe they are staying in San Pedro flats since it is still super green looks like spring out there.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
                          Well me and my Buddy went out this morning and saw not one Muflon in or off the area .!! This is the third trip out there this year with the same results of no luck , we combed the whole area and still nothing maybe they are staying in San Pedro flats since it is still super green looks like spring out there.!!!

There were hundreds of them running around in area 5 just prior to season.... They are already run off by hunters and won't come back until the green graze is gone on the San Pedro side as you mention above.

Comment

thanks for the heads up. I will wait till December to go out there then. Pedernal, you are right, last year there were hundreds out there.

Comment

how is area 2looking like y’all? We are going to be there Friday And super excited.

Comment

My family friend guides trips on a property that backs up to the lake. He is saying everything is really green right now, and he's been seeing them closer to the lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X