No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Grown call me after Buckshot sends you a picture.

Comment

Just left you a voice mail Storm. I'm at home now. Been out on another ACE project.

That was a funny pic BTW!
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-23-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Silent hunter, Good to see you back on here. Hope to see you out there this year

Comment

Going out for the last scouting trip.

Comment

15 feet close enough?
            Attached Files

Comment

Set out till after dark Friday and watched the deer. The deer were very active late in the evening. Saw a couple of young bucks getting frisky, pushing each other around. Also, saw a buck, about 3.5 years old, making a scrap. Scratched it out, left his scent on the lower limbs and peed down his hocks. Seems awful early for that.

If it cools down next weekend like the weatherman said, it should be good hunting next weekend.

Good luck to all.

JC

Comment

I plan on doing some hunting on the COE land this year. I want to be as considerate of others as I possibly can.

1) In terms of not interrupting others hunting, what's the best way to avoid disrupting other hunters?

2) What's the best way to signal to other hunters that you are hunting in a particular area?

3) If you see/walk upon someone hunting a particular area, how do leave with the least interruption? How far do you go to be considered as having given others their fair share of space?

4) Other advice to avoid being the most hated guy in the woods.

Thanks.

Comment

Storm, looks like the right distance to me!

I need to get a spot going soon. Been out of town for training two times in three or four weeks. Got plenty of spots just need to start baiting.

Comment

I finally got out there today and put some corn out. Glad they suspended the job im on for the day.

Comment

Ok guys here's you reminder! I'm cooking for the Friday night kick off for the opener at Plowman Creek Campground . It's open to all who want to come so come catchup on tall tales and lies, or meet people you've only met thru the green screen. I wish the best of luck to all of you this season and hope to keep on meeting more of you.

Comment

Legality of it?

Got a question of the legality of hunting from a stationary boat? Scouted out an area this weekend, saw several nice deer there, but when I walked it, the trees were too small to climb. Would it be legal to hunt from a stationary boat? Probably not, but curious...

Comment

Why not build a brush blind or use a pop up?

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                            Why not build a brush blind or use a pop up?
                            Thats kinda what I was thinking. Went and looked Sunday at Cabelas, but had my 4yr old, and was mostly just playing. I would like to go scout it some more, possibly put together something...

Comment

Sure is quiet in here right before opener.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                                Sure is quiet in here right before opener.
                                Because, it is nothing to talk about YET!!

Comment

Working...
                                X