No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travis.. Just finished smoking 60# of pork links. Tryed the cheese & fresh Jap. Added 1 lb of xtra sharp cheddar for 10lbs of meat. Made 20 lbs of that.
    My question. I'm using an American Eagle grinder and have always put into gut on second grind. The 20 lbs of meat with cheese was almost impossible to push through. The cheese coated the sides of the feeding chute and the inside. Stopped 1/2 way through to rest and clean out coated cheese. What was wrong? Cannot do this again. Arms and shoulders are still hurting.

Comment

Grind your meat the two times then add the cheese. Run it through your largest plate. chili grind to stuff.

Comment

When I stuff, leave the blade on or off?

Comment

We make our sausage in 50# batches, add seasonings and mix well by hand. We then grind once with the coarse blade. Then load it into our 15# stuffer and stuff our links. Cut to length and tie them off. We've been using this method for 40+ years and 1000's of pounds of sausage with no complaints.
          As a disclaimer, we have not flavored our sausage with cheese or jalapenos.

Comment

You can leave it off. Unless the spacing is out of whack then throw it on. It wont make that big of a difference.

Comment

Thanks Travis.. Won't need any for awhile. Unless the wife starts giving it away

Comment

This has to be one of the best things I've ever seen here!! Now I just need to get a couple of tasty critters to hold still at about 60'. :-)

Comment

I have the new file completed and it is over to the oustandingly awesome Devin Smith!

There are 6 new hamburger formulas as well! It should be ready in the next day or so! Good luck with the new recipes!

Comment

Got it loaded back up, Travis. Well done.
                    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Thanks devin

Comment

sounds good

Comment

pepperd summer sausage

wanting to make some peppered summer sausage , Do you stuff into casings then cut casing away and roll into crushed black pepper, cook it on a rack flat then cryvac?

Comment

Willy,

I've seen it done several ways.

The best one I've seen was to spray the inside of the casing with pam lightly, pour in some black pepper, shake it around and dump out the excess then stuff.

Comment

Man I forgot this was on here. I seen it last year. I just made some sausage Thursday night. My first try at it. All I can say at least it looked like sausage ha...I over cooked the first batch the second batch came out decently just a little off on the taste. Now I need to make sure my brother shoots a deer this weekend since I got daddy duty.

Comment

Travis , There is a place in Ft worth they you can get the high melt cheese (adams county dairy ) i will see if i can find that phone or address.

Comment

Working...
                                X