headache rack design help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headache rack design help needed.

In about a month I will be building a headache rack for wifes Nissan Frontier, 4 door. Its her daily driver and work truck for our antique shop. I plan on using 1-1/4" square tube and building the basic oilfield style. Does anyone have any ideas on how to incorporate something old/recognizable in the space to protect the back window. I have thought half a wagon wheel and really that's about it.
    We sell a lot of old furniture. My wife really likes the atomic star. Is there anyone on TBH that does torch work, that could cut out an atomic star?
    Any other ideas?

bump
    Any pointers to shops that do the lazer cuts outs that I could buy and weld in? I have seen some premade ones in SA but not sure when I will get back that way

Comment

Maybe an American flag design?

Comment

Maybe check with local high school Ag programs. Lots of them have some really high end equipment now days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are a few metal shops in Houston that I get my metal from, and a few of them have the pre-cut Texas stars, etc, that look really nice. Just a FYI...

Comment

Here is how you make sure the husband does not want to drive your truck...I used Monstaliner on the bed and the toolbox's. I highly suggest spraying if you ever use the DIY bedliners. I have done many with rollers. This my first with a spray gun and by far the best IMHO. Now after I recoup from surgery I will build the headache rack, I still have not found the right thing yet. I wished I could figure out what the right thing will be.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty good pink

Comment

Working...
              X