No announcement yet.

New blind coming along quite nicely....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did you find the tinted plexiglass?

Comment

Any glass shop that deals in plexiglass should be able to get it for you. Tbher KingsX has a shop in San Angelo that will cut it to size for me. I just picked up my order for each blind we built when coming through to the deer lease.

Comment

nice

Comment

Brought this to the top. Jason...do you have parts list? This will be my first off season project for a new Gate blind.... I plan on putting in some deer view windows too. Could you go ahead and book Nick's shop for the end of January for a blind build..I'll buy you guys a bottle of R & R each

Comment

Yes....

wood
            screws
            hinges
            door handle
            tin
            paint

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Yes....

wood
              screws
              hinges
              door handle
              tin
              paint
              thanks a bunch Smart............ Alpha Sierra Sierra

Comment

...and for the record, I've seen these blinds after they have been out for many years and they are still in great shape and working well.... Good job Jason (and Nick)!

Comment

Looks great now all you need is a fork lift and trailer (simi) to get it to lease lol

Comment

Originally posted by GERRY G View Post
                    Looks great now all you need is a fork lift and trailer (simi) to get it to lease lol
                    He made it in sections and then reattached it at the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by GERRY G View Post

A Dewalt portable drill, light elbow grease and a utility trailer gets this one moved..

Comment

Gonna build some of these Jason. Any tips?

Comment

New blind coming along quite nicely....

Yes.. Use 2x6s for the floor.

Don't follow my original window layout with the permanent peep windows. Add real windows with dark tinted windows so you can see through them but can also open them.....(see pic below for new style.). Windows are open but they have a wooden door that shuts with dark tinted poly on them

nix the electrical box peep hole....

Add a small shelf at sitting level on the left side if you are right handed for easy access to cell phone, bottle of water, gloves, binos etc.

If you are left handed put the main door on the other side .

Last edited by Smart; 06-28-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Here are the windows closed...If you zoom you can see the tinted plexiglass. The left plexiglass piece is vertical because I have a sendero up a hill on that side that deer come out at the end of it at 70-80 yards. If not a hill there, I would have both horizontal like the right one.

It's nice to have them all open compared to the original as well in case you have two folks hunting from it. With my big arse anyway.. If I hunt solo I have just the center one open to help contain my scent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA Seismic3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	24313175
                            Last edited by Smart; 06-29-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

TTT. Marking this one for future reference.

Comment

Going to start mine tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X