Hunting with a Dovetail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting with a Dovetail

I am getting ready to rig up a new bow. I am looking at putting a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie double pin on it. I was shooting the Tommy Hogg before this. The guy at my local shop was telling me he can get it regular or in XL with a dovetail. I have never had a sight with a dovetail on it. How do you guys like dovetails on your hunting bows? Can you just take the housing on and off without it effecting your accuracy?

I have a dovetail on my Trophy Ridge React One Pro that I hunt with. After sighting it in initially, I purposely removed it and remounted it to see if anything changed. Everything was still spot on. I've had it on my bow for a year and a half now, and haven't had any accuracy issues (outside of my own ). I wouldn't hesitate to go the dovetail route again if I changed sights.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
      I have a dovetail on my Trophy Ridge React One Pro that I hunt with. After sighting it in initially, I purposely removed it and remounted it to see if anything changed. Everything was still spot on. I've had it on my bow for a year and a half now, and haven't had any accuracy issues (outside of my own ). I wouldn't hesitate to go the dovetail route again if I changed sights.
      Thanks for the input man!

Comment

I've been hunting with a dovetail for years; as long as you put it back in the right index it will be spot on.

I shoot Spot Hogg as well, great sights.

Comment

I have the Axcell Accutouch with a dovetail. I never take it off so I'm not too concerned about.

Comment

I shoot a HHA Kingpin single pin sight on the dovetail target mount... I like it because you can increase the sight radius quite a bit by extending the sight farther out front of the riser. I remove the sight each time I put it in my hard case... reinstall it to the same notch on the dovetail bar and it shoots the same hole (if I do my part)... If both mounts are available, I'll pick the dovetail mount every time.

Comment

Got dovetails on my target and hunting sights. Mark where you got it locked down at and put it in the same spot every time. No problems.

Comment

Love my dove tails

Comment

Working...
                X