Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
    Doesnt work that way either...when it comes down to it...lowest cost seat on the plane get ls the boot (unless that person has status)...right/wrong or indifferent & every contract of carriage i've ever read stated exactly that
    I think most people are aware of the selection process if you're going to remove a passenger against their will. What most people are agreeing to is that you shouldn't have to forcibly remove a passenger so that you have a PR issue as well as a possible lawsuit. They could've offered $10,000 for a volunteer, I guarantee the headline would've been different and they wouldve came out cheaper than this will cost them.

Comment

Lol ok ...you're right!

Comment

It happened to me plenty...it's called customer loyalty....if you owned the airline, would you prefer me happy ....or the guy that buys the $300 ticket once every 5 years? Ignorance of a contract is well...ignorance. Don't like the policy...don't buy the ticket
        With all due respect, this is some of the dumbest crap I have heard. Show us where in the contract it says, you can be removed from your seat, forcibly, because the company made a bad decision and needed to now get 4 of their own on the flight to another location? I will wait.

Comment

Anyone wanna wager....i'll say United stock won't drop a $1 between now & end of 2nd qtr....any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
            With all due respect, this is some of the dumbest crap I have heard. Show us where in the contract it says, you can be removed from your seat, forcibly, because the company made a bad decision and needed to now get 4 of their own on the flight to another location? I will wait.
            Read any airline contract of carriage...i'll wait...

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Your full of ****... That's exactly how it works. Airlines will negotiate. I don't fly as much as I use to but my question is what position do you have with United?
              I believe you are right.
              From another forum:
              When your flight is oversold and you're denied boarding, federal law requires an airline to pay you 200% of your one-way ticket price — up to $650 — if you're delayed by one hour, and 400% of your one-way ticket price — up to $1,300 — if you're delayed by two or more hours. But airlines don't always offer the full amount, instead dangling restrictive travel vouchers that expire after a year in front of their customers.

Here's how the numbers break down: In 2013, the average denied-boarding compensation was $643. Only about one in 10 bumped passengers will challenge their involuntary denied-boarding compensation, because they aren't aware that they could be entitled to much more than airline funny money.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                As has been said above, overbooking is part of the deal when you fly. You don't have any "right" to that seat - they own the airplane so if they tell you to get off, you get off. You can then decide to never fly United again if you want. The airline handled it poorly, no doubt. They should have upped the bid until they got a taker. Or, the captain says "ok, we are going to sit here until someone gets off"
                X2

Comment

Read any airline contract of carriage...i'll wait...
                  Good one, now time for you to man up and prove your point instead of talking in circles.

Comment

Anyone wanna wager....i'll say United stock won't drop a $1 between now & end of 2nd qtr....any takers?
                    So you're a stockholder... Airlines have been struggling to stay afloat for yrs. does this incident effect stock price may may not. Starbucks hiring refugees stance **** sure did.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                      He must have drawn shortest straw....seriously though must be more to it than just random selection & he gone
                      He was randomly chosen by their computer.

Comment

So your wager is how much Brandon?

Lol i don't own a dime of any airline...but i'll take your $ & buy some...lol
                        Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                          Good one, now time for you to man up and prove your point instead of talking in circles.

Since google doesn't work for ya...here's an example...i'm sure u can find united's on your own now. I'm quite sure i avoided circular references as well & instead have stated fact

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

So your wager is how much Brandon?

Lol i dont own a dime of any airline...
                            I'm not wagering anything but your stance is BS. I don't care if you have flown a million miles or whatever . I've flown on flights where the **** plane was practically empty. Most recent to Bahamas .

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              They should have started offering cash or vouchers and just upped the number until they got enough takers. Dragging a guy screaming from the plane isn't the best PR move an airline ever made.
                              Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              As has been said above, overbooking is part of the deal when you fly. You don't have any "right" to that seat - they own the airplane so if they tell you to get off, you get off. You can then decide to never fly United again if you want. The airline handled it poorly, no doubt. They should have upped the bid until they got a taker. Or, the captain says "ok, we are going to sit here until someone gets off"
                              I thought they started at $400 and still had no takers at $800. That's when they called LEOs to remove someone.

For those saying that if you don't like the policy then don't fly that ariline..well that's pretty jacked up. They ALL have those policies. Airlines are to intertwined with government BS. You sort of "have to" fly when you go a long way so you really don't have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                I'm not wagering anything but your stance is BS. I don't care if you have flown a million miles or whatever . I've flown on flights where the **** plane was practically empty. Most recent to Bahamas .
                                My stance is simply the way it works...no more/no less! If that's the case there was a reason they flew it...they didn't fly it b/c they liked you & wanted you to enjoy yourself...lol, they did it b/c it was hard or soft revenue driven to do so...airlines are one of the most cut throat industries around...right next to grocery & contract mfg. most could/would go belly up if fuel contracts are off by mere $.05's per gallon

Dang! Was hoping to get in the airline business off of ya...lol
                                Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X