• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
    Broke the gal in this weekend.
    [ATTACH]914386[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]914387[/ATTACH]
    Y, yessir I think you did!! That mess of fish will slime 'er up good! Them boys probably proud of their "guide"!! Good on you! and CONGRATULATIONS on a proper christening!

Comment

gomatagorda.com

surf looks fishable this morning.

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

I was in Surfside this morning, water was calm but dirty as it gets. We found some better water close to San Luis Pass and caught a bunch of dinks. I ended up with 3 keeper trout and a 22" red. My brother was in Matagorda and said it was real dirty.

Comment

I didn't make it down to Matagorda but a buddy and his fried went and limited out on trout by 9. said it was dirty but the bite was good

Comment

Going to be in Port A on July 18- July 22. Want to put kids and wife on some fish in the bay. Anyone have a number or name of a good guide for the bay? Thanks.

Comment

Took possession of the new to me Majek and got into some rats while taking my neighbor out. Had a darn good time until I hooked up on a 5’ gator that spooked the reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                Going to be in Port A on July 18- July 22. Want to put kids and wife on some fish in the bay. Anyone have a number or name of a good guide for the bay? Thanks.
                Capt Paul Braly.

I took a trip with him this passed Tuesday. I'm a guide, I've fished with lots of guides, and I honestly believe he is hands down my favorite so far. He was great with my wife, very patient, helpful, and good at what he does. We had limits by 9:20am, For a few more hours we ran around and chased redfish. Reasonably priced, nice boat, good gear. Look him up, you'll be fishing with a premier redfish tournament guy from the coastal bend. Until I buy a new boat he will be the guide I recommend to all of my customers. If you decide to book with him tell him Capt. Chris Lawrence sent ya. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                  Capt Paul Braly.

I took a trip with him this passed Tuesday. I'm a guide, I've fished with lots of guides, and I honestly believe he is hands down my favorite so far. He was great with my wife, very patient, helpful, and good at what he does. We had limits by 9:20am, For a few more hours we ran around and chased redfish. Reasonably priced, nice boat, good gear. Look him up, you'll be fishing with a premier redfish tournament guy from the coastal bend. Until I buy a new boat he will be the guide I recommend to all of my customers. If you decide to book with him tell him Capt. Chris Lawrence sent ya. Best of luck!
                  Now you see why I always recommend him when people ask very knowledgeable guy and a great guy as well. Fished with him many times pre fishing for tournaments. What's cool about Paul's trips is there's usually always a variety of fish he doesn't just go catch trout and then your done. He will mix in some drum and redfish as well.
                  Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 07-06-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

There were a couple of TBH’rs on this trip. We couldn’t catch a kingfish all day. Usually catch all of our limits.

Comment

MAN!! those are some whopper snapper!!! And the good part about those is that they eat just as good when they're that big as they little pound to 2 pound fish. Some serious good eatin' right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                        Took possession of the new to me Majek and got into some rats while taking my neighbor out. Had a darn good time until I hooked up on a 5’ gator that spooked the reds.

Congrat’s on the Majek! RFL?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          Congrat’s on the Majek! RFL?

Yessir, the baby one, Texas Skiff. How have you been bud?

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            Yessir, the baby one, Texas Skiff. How have you been bud?

Good man. Wish I could get down there more often. I have a 2000 model 21’ RFL that I bought from another TBH’r. I think you’ll be happy with your purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                              Good man. Wish I could get down there more often. I have a 2000 model 21’ RFL that I bought from another TBH’r. I think you’ll be happy with your purchase.

We should go sometime! I have a little place two blocks from the boat ramp and fully interested to wear it out! Oh, and we got our Majek from a TBH’r as well.

Comment

So Im from the Dallas area and made a quick trip to Corpus to visit family. We went to the surf just north of the Packary channel and the surf was really calm. It was a little murky but you could see the green water. This morning at first light I went back to the surf north of the Packary Channel this morning using live shrimp under a popping cork and all I caught was a bunch of skipjack and bonnethead's. I was changing depths a lot trying to find trout. The surf was really calm and I was really expecting to catch some trout, but no luck. Should I try something else next time or were the trout just not in the surf? Any pointers appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X