Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    My kid came in tied game in 7th. Faced 3 batters and just came in and threw heat. He said he walked up to catcher after throwing 2 strikes and said hold 1 finger down cause that’s all I’m throwing. He blew it past all 3 kids he faced. I would rather see him actually pitch but today he just came downhill and chunked the ball. He hit 88 and change today off the bump as a 15 year old. We are at Braves game right now. I’ll put a few pics up tonight
    F'n A, love it

Comment

My kid came in tied game in 7th. Faced 3 batters and just came in and threw heat. He said he walked up to catcher after throwing 2 strikes and said hold 1 finger down cause that’s all I’m throwing. He blew it past all 3 kids he faced. I would rather see him actually pitch but today he just came downhill and chunked the ball. He hit 88 and change today off the bump as a 15 year old. We are at Braves game right now. I’ll put a few pics up tonight

Sometimes, the best answer is to just step on the gas and KNOW they can't catch up.[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats awesome.. love it when they get a little angst mixed with a side of confidence.

We had our first open 9u workout.. couple new kids.
        It was freaking hot.. tan got a little overheated on fielding drills but after a little gatorade went back to work..had to make him sit down..
        Bunch of boys draggin till the cage work started..
        Coaches takin it easy on em

All this rain weve had made the fields like a freaking sauna .

Comment

We will play one more game tomorrow. Team will not win bracket. We lost 1, won 2, tied 3. Not gonna get to play Thursday and Friday with 3 tied ballgames. If you guys are still in baseball when your kids are in High school I would look for a team that comes to PG in Atlanta and also play Indy. It’s been a grind but think he got done what he needed to go. He may throw another 30 pitches tomorrow.
          Attached Files

Comment

New 1st base leather arrived today! The boy is in charge of breaking this one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We will play one more game tomorrow. Team will not win bracket. We lost 1, won 2, tied 3. Not gonna get to play Thursday and Friday with 3 tied ballgames. If you guys are still in baseball when your kids are in High school I would look for a team that comes to PG in Atlanta and also play Indy. It’s been a grind but think he got done what he needed to go. He may throw another 30 pitches tomorrow.
              good stuff man good luck to you guys today

Comment

Well they lost today to one of the top 10 teams here 8-5. Kid repeated yesterday. Threw last inning all gas and faced 3 batters

Comment

Well they lost today to one of the top 10 teams here 8-5. Kid repeated yesterday. Threw last inning all gas and faced 3 batters
                  Omce they get to high school, how many tournaments will he play during the summer?

Comment

JHouse it really depends on the organization and their purpose. We are doing 7-8 plus a camp at beginning and end where he invites college coaches in the “help”. It is set up different. Lineups may change based on who has been in contact with coach. We do not have enough pitching to go deep in these events. Some teams in Atlanta showed up with 24 on team and 10-12 pitcher only players. I think we had 14 and 3 pitcher only kids. It is very different once you go to a showcase type format. I saw a kid there that was pitching great on another team- and he was pulled to watch a kid come in 4th inning and throw one inning. Kid looked great. Then second baseman came in that just put balls over plate. Team went from winning to loosing by 5 in a hurry. It was obvious that someone showed up to watch that kid throw an inning.

Comment

coworkers kid is doing the showcase stuff tourneys right now...and he says it has very little to do with actually winning or losing... theres not even a declared 'tourney' winner at the end..
                      all about getting the kids in front of other coaches/colleges/pro scouts and getting the kids in the books.
                      weird things happen to baseball during highschool...

Comment

System you are spot on. The hardest thing for some parents is to not hurt their own kids. Saw a Dad that was in stands griping balls/strikes. Nothing too over the top. Kid had above average velo and very effective. Second time Dad opened his trap three scouts closed notebooks, pack radar back in bags, walked to another field.
                        I sit in stands and watch. If they have any interest in my kid they gotta ask around to know I’m the parent

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          coworkers kid is doing the showcase stuff tourneys right now...and he says it has very little to do with actually winning or losing... theres not even a declared 'tourney' winner at the end..
                          all about getting the kids in front of other coaches/colleges/pro scouts and getting the kids in the books.
                          weird things happen to baseball during highschool...
                          This is our first summer and that's about right.

Some tourneys give you an allotment of games and that's it.

Other tourneys actually do have a championship bracket...but only the teams that win their pool make it. For that reason if you want more exposure it's better to be on a good team.

This weekend for example, we play a College Station Tourney. IF we win our pool then we get to play at the Aggie's home field at Texas A&M....if not we get 2 more consolation games at a complex in Tomball.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                            This is our first summer and that's about right.

Some tourneys give you an allotment of games and that's it.

Other tourneys actually do have a championship bracket...but only the teams that win their pool make it. For that reason if you want more exposure it's better to be on a good team.

This weekend for example, we play a College Station Tourney. IF we win our pool then we get to play at the Aggie's home field at Texas A&M....if not we get 2 more consolation games at a complex in Tomball.
                            yeh...thats exactly the style tournament his son is playing in georgia today through next week...guaranteed like 8 games...but dont move up in the tourney unless they win their pool..

Comment

I think most are set up that way. Perfecr Game, V Tool, Bullpen - if your kid is a position player get him on a team with at least 1 powerhouse pitcher. Scouts will be there and other players will catch the scouts eyes. We played a Championship game this Summer with no scouts there. It was on a Sunday and I’m sure they were with family.

Comment

think the tourney hes in is perfect game

Comment

Working...
                                X