No announcement yet.

Val Verde County Rut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was out there this weekend not much activity some of the little young bucks acted like they wanted to chase but does were not having it. Movement was slow didn't see any mature bucks, but had a few tc pics of them finally. Feeder activity has started to pick up a little more.

Comment

So any updates on this ????

Comment

We are a few miles from Dolan Creek rd and ours really kicks off at the end of November. Guys that were out last weekend said they didn't see much at all.

Comment

Any news on Val Verde???

Comment

Heading down there this weekend will give a report Sunday afternoon when I get bak in cell coverage.

Comment

Nothing much is going on at our place.

Comment

activity is up!!!

driving back from my lunch "HOUR" and seen a bunch activity just now bout 10 does out in a small clearing grazing with a small buck just hanging around, this is the earliest i have seen them up this season and im stuck at work.... i will be n the blind all weekend long!!!!!
                its getting close!!!

Comment

Just got back from my place Young Bucks were acting a lil goofy acting like they wanted to run does but all mature deer were normal. My wife got her first buck........a true Hill Country 10. I will post pics of my trip later on my Thread .....Nace Ranch.

Comment

bump....any new reports?

Comment

Was there this last weekend and seen same sort of activity, young bucks were pretty frisky but does were keeping them at bay, mature deer still not rutting. Feeder activity has really picked up, seen more deer activity around the feeders this weekend than I've seen all season combined. I think another week rut will be starting and 2 weeks it wi be in full swing.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                        Was there this last weekend and seen same sort of activity, young bucks were pretty frisky but does were keeping them at bay, mature deer still not rutting. Feeder activity has really picked up, seen more deer activity around the feeders this weekend than I've seen all season combined. I think another week rut will be starting and 2 weeks it wi be in full swing.
                        Great news.......I believe the cold weather should get em going, I am headed up Thanksgiving weekend and gonna be there for at least 10 days!!!

Comment

Here is a thread of my place and some pics, of course the last pics are newer and from this year.

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
                            Here is a thread of my place and some pics, of course the last pics are newer and from this year.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=406047
                            I pass your place on the way to mine. We go about 8-10 miles past you and take a right at the whitehead bros. ranch sign and take ranch roads about another 10 miles back towards the north.

Comment

When I used to hunt western Edwards county the rut always fell the week of Thanksgiving and the secondary was always Christmas to new years. We would always see bucks but those were when we would see different bucks show up. I know you were asking about Val Verde county but we were right on the edge of the two counties

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                                I pass your place on the way to mine. We go about 8-10 miles past you and take a right at the whitehead bros. ranch sign and take ranch roads about another 10 miles back towards the north.
                                I have drove past there numerous times Going to State Park!!! You have saw my sign huh..... When you going back???

Comment

Working...
                                X