No announcement yet.

Eastern Colorado Whitetail - Semi-LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about a wild situation to come across.

Comment

Slower this evening. Seeing a good number of does, just no bucks so far. I keep looking for the feeder and it's not there [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Your Dad did Great! Super buck & real ethics there!
        Congrats to him.
        Good Luck to you!

Comment

Congrats to your dad! Awesome that he gets to keep the other head too. He should have grabbed the fence post as well. Going to be a very cool mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
            Congrats to your dad! Awesome that he gets to keep the other head too. He should have grabbed the fence post as well. Going to be a very cool mount.
            We thought about that after, and are going to get it tomorrow. They had struggled and destroyed three post. The two deer were on either side of the wire, and while tangled could just move down the wire until they got tied up in the last post. One post was completely ripped out of ground, and another rubbed raw.

Comment

Day two of the hunt today was a little slower. Foggy this morning, and took until almost 9 to burn off so this morning was very slow. Set up on edge of the alfalfa field we have been seeing a lot of action on, and saw a bunch of does but overall deer moved very late and we didn't see any decent bucks. Been a great hunt so far, and still have 3 days to get it done. Weather looks good for next couple days with it getting colder again(today was almost 80) so I am optimistic.

There are 2 other hunters in camp besides us including a solo whitetail hunter, and a solo Muley hunter. Muley guy tagged out with a awesone 195" deer with great characteristics yesterday(1st day), and the other whitetail hunter missed a mid 180s deer at 300+ yards. Deer didn't spook or get hit so they hope to get back on him. This is wide open ground, and 200-400 yard shots are more common than 100. Ready to air it out a bit if needed when time comes! Headed to bed!

Comment

Good luck this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome story and will be a very cool mount.

Comment

Wow! Congrats to your dad. The double mount sounds awesome.

Comment

Cool story and congrats to your dad.

Comment

Your dad gets an attaboy for that one. There shouldn't be any negative comments about it.

Comment

Thanks for the comments! Set back up this evening overlooking a bottom area that leads to alfalfa field. Low 40s, good breeze so hope the deer are moving tonight. Can see 3 does already.

Comment

Saw some deer this evening, and a potential shooter right at dark. Big bodied but couldn't get a good look. Gonna go back in there tomorrow and see If we can't get lucky.

Another hunter connected on a deer he missed first night, and what a stud it was. Pic below.

Down to just me in camp to tag out so I need to make it happen. Weather gets nasty Tuesday so hoping to get it done tomorrow!

Comment

Wow what a stud. Good luck to you!

Comment

Find one like that^^. Thats a heck of a deer. Good luck these next few days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X