Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Comment

Very interested to see what you think about Whitaker. I'll be back out there in E. Co in the near future looking for another mule deer and probably going to use a new outfitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
        Good luck, the Whitaker brothers are the best in the business. Raised right there in my home town. They have a guide working for them named Clint Pagnotta that has eyes like an eagle. I've hunted with him since he was little. This is gonna be a good hunt ! What town will you be close to ?
        We will be near Eads. There will be a couple guides around so if it's Clint I'll let you know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Best part of passing this sign was no longer being on crappy OK roads! Good grief.

Should be getting liscenses, and at camp in next couple hours. Gonna get the scoop, check guns, and see what comes next. 47 degrees and sunny! Weather should be nice most of the trip!

Comment

Now you're just on crappy Colorado roads.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Get em!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Once we got to camp we checked guns, and headed out to do a little scouting. Saw a bunch of deer glassing at a distance with some big bodied bucks. It was late so we didn't go any closer and will check it out in the morning. There's been a BIG 8 in the area so we will see what happens.

Ate a great meal, had a few adult beverages, and am heading off to bed. Astros game, early morning, and the drive have made that an easy choice. Hopefully will have something good to update with later! Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Comment

What's the weather going to be? Good luck!

Comment

What a morning, and start to the hunt. This was one of the most memorable hunts I've ever been on. We started the norning off glassing a alfalfa field, and watched a lot of deer. Bucks were sparring and pushing does hard, even though the does weren't very receptive. We had checked a couple different areas, and were driving down a two track when we spotted a deer on a fenceline. We stopped the truck and could quickly tell there was something strange. The deer we could see had his head down, and was acting like he was fighting. Ends up being two bucks that are locked up with each other, and a fence post in between. Only one deer was up, and the other was laying but we couldn't tell if it he was dead. To top it off, these were two big mature bucks. We start to suspect the one deer is dead, and the other soon to be if left it this scenario. Being a very nice deer, and an unreal situation, my dad shot and tagged the deer that was still alive. Before anyone can say anything negative about this, there was no decision to be made here. It had to be done, as coyotes were in the area already, and this deer was going to die likely in the next 12 hours or so if not sooner. After the shot, and admiring both awesomeness of what happened, but also the grave reality of what that one deer had gone through, and the other would have, we got some pics and tried to separate them. We couldn't with out busting up one of the racks. Called the game warden, explained in detail the situation, and he said since the one deer was dead he is considered a dead head, and my dad can take both animals. He is going to get a double mount done with them interlocked.
                          I have never seen anything as wild as this, and our guide said that was the craziest thing he has ever seen, and is something he would never forget. A couple pics below. Heading back out shortly for evening.

The deer that was dead was the 8pt, and my dad shot the 10pt.

Comment

That is absolutely crazy. Super cool story and the mount will be amazing. Congrats to your dad.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with killing that buck.It would have been a miserable death otherwise.Should make a heck of a mount.

DJ

Comment

Wow! That is unbelievable. Make sure you post that mount when all is said and done. Beautiful deer

Comment

Working...
                                X