No announcement yet.

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Lets see here come the bomb of photos. Ill try as best as I can to clarify whats what. Ill start out with the first buck thats showed up on camera. He first showed himself on camera evening of 9/30. Then last night he was there from 11pm to 430am . Literally 20 yards from the tree I'm hunting in! How old do you guys think he is? I'm thinking 3.5 yrs old ? Heck of a good looking buck lots of potential. Cant imagine what he would look like next year. The owner of the property said he has some photos of his dad from a cpl years ago. Ill post if he sends them to me.

Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
      You awake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still awake. I didnt finish dinner at Mexican place till about 930

Comment

That deer’s older than 3 1/2....

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
          Made the evening hunt today, had 2-3 does slink through in the young pines on the edge of a small food plot with mineral sight and oak tree that is almost done dropping acorns. Stand is in the oak tree and they never came out into the plot before dark. First hunt of the season but couldn’t get it done. Gonna hunt a different plot in the morning, just not sure if it should be the clover where the 8 made the scrape or the oats/last bite mix.
          B G thanks for help with photos that worked ! I was skunked again at a new stand location I hunted. I hiked way back into the timber... maybe too far lol and basically did like a hang and hunt type deal with my climber. Had to trim some branches with hand saw and made some noise ... probably didn't help the cause either. But man it looks like a good spot ! I hope you have better luck than I have been having! Im sure its only a matter of time before you get into them! Here is a cpl pictures from my stand tonight. Wanted to get higher in the tree, but I didn't pick a very good tree to climb.

Comment

Was looking at the pictures I got off the abandoned trail camera on the property and came across this buck that looks like the buck I am getting photos of now. Let me know your opinions. I also found the left side shed to this buck on Sunday while walking around for new place for my climber.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
              That deer’s older than 3 1/2....
              Thats why I wanted your opinions . Would be a heck of a deer to pass on with that width and drop tine . He just seems pencil horned to me. Ill post another photo of him with a side view . There is quite a difference in size in those two bucks I posted so if it is the same deer its quite a jump from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. And like you said I'm not sure he isn't older. Its unusual for a young deer to have trash like that around the bases.

Ill also post a picture of the shed I found.

Comment

I can’t make 5 1/2 out of him, I’m thinking 4 1/2...but I’d let him walk and wait for that double main beam to show..

Comment

Here is one more from the side. You can see he almost has a sticker coming off his g3 . Just not seeing the mass like I would think on an older deer and his neck seems small to me. But I could be wrong new to the area and what the deer look like here. You all should tell me he is very old so then I can shoot him without feeling bad about what he would have been! Very interested to hear all your opinions!! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
                    I can’t make 5 1/2 out of him, I’m thinking 4 1/2...but I’d let him walk and wait for that double main beam to show..
                    Yes, he has some neat genetics working for him and ide like to see what he turns into!

Comment

Hoping to get an inventory soon on whats all on the property since this is the only buck on camera thus far.

Comment

Mtnbucks26 I’d shoot that deer. I’d guess 4 year old at least. Feeding protein to help with putting mass on him is a real gamble, general the bears find it. It can get expensive feeding the bears. The deer is mature and he’s a good one. Good luck this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mtnbucks, I also think that buck is 4.5 and he is certainly a good looking one. Welcome to the "Green Screen".

I bet ya that you put out the feed & maybe a food plot & those bucks will be all over you. They probably haven't had feed at there leisure so they are travelling to a food source. Just an idea though, not telling you what to do by any means.
                          Last edited by Deathrow Jethro; 10-04-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Mtnbucks I would say 4.5. The mass comes in at 5.5+ in my opinion. He is a shooter to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                              Good write up, Max. Welcome. Push county has a tremendous amount to offer. Stick with it and put in the scouting effort and it will pay back in spades! I look forward to following along on your adventure.
                              Thank you for the warm welcome! Glad to be part of this community. I love that I can hunt vicariously through you all when I am stuck working lol! One thing I have figured out is that it is definitely always an adventure hunting push, which I love. Had to head back to Dallas today after the morning hunt. Skunked again. I expect things to pick up in the next few weeks. Hoping to make it back in next week or so! Anxious to see what I pick up on the new cameras I put out.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbucks26 View Post
                                Thank you for the warm welcome! Glad to be part of this community. I love that I can hunt vicariously through you all when I am stuck working lol! One thing I have figured out is that it is definitely always an adventure hunting push, which I love. Had to head back to Dallas today after the morning hunt. Skunked again. I expect things to pick up in the next few weeks. Hoping to make it back in next week or so! Anxious to see what I pick up on the new cameras I put out.

The best time to be in the woods in Push county is still yet to come. You are good.

Comment

Working...
                                X