Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this should be good!!!

Comment

Is this BIL not helping at all? I need you as a BIL, awesome look forward to see the updates.

Comment

How deep you digging your holes? I'm guessing your soil must not shift very much. I grew up in the black land prairie, and if you were digging in the hard black dirt that we have with your post hole digger you'd have probably broke it by now, or pulled out the auger
        Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 05-30-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

You gotta lucky brother! Will be following along. I hate digging holes so i'd be in a bad mood right from the start! At least the daylight lasts longer but sadly so does the heat...

I'm with you on deals. i've owned bathroom sinks and tile bought from Re-Store a year ago for pennies on the dollar - they will be going in our ranch house. take advantage of those and you can splurge on a few extra sq ft and finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            Lol... I have an auger. It's actually more of a pain on a small job like this. I'm not afraid to work!
            PFFFTTTTT

I used an auger to dig 8 holes for a dog pen.

On the other hand Im in for ideas. Wife and I want to start on the lake lots we bought and even having a shell built for us to finish is gonna get $$$$

Comment

Great thread. Trying to talk my wife into going this route when we build on our land. What kind of septic setup you going with?

Comment

It's fun when you don't have to deal with building codes etc. Actually learn a lot as well. I hate painting, Tape/Texture, and running duct. Not that I can't do them I just HATE doing them.

That should be all i pay to have done. Tempted to have spray foam insulation done as well. Decide when I get to that point.
                I absolutely hate painting. Luckily I married a woman who for whatever reason, likes to paint.

Hanging drywall is easy... but taping and floating is a special skill that I never could grasp...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Great thread. Trying to talk my wife into going this route when we build on our land. What kind of septic setup you going with?
                  There is supposedly a system already here but I've got to find it. At one time a mobile home was in this spot before the land was bought.

When I did mine I dropped (2) 500 gallon tanks 6' deep back to back and ran a horizontal line 150'. Graveless Septic line extended all the way dropping it 1" every 6'. If I can't locate this one I will probably do the same thing. Previous landowner has been contacted and should come out to give us an idea of location.

Comment

Wow Jason, ambitious project. Get 'er done!

Comment

There is supposedly a system already here but I've got to find it. At one time a mobile home was in this spot before the land was bought.

When I did mine I dropped (2) 500 gallon tanks 6' deep back to back and ran a horizontal line 150'. Graveless Septic line extended all the way dropping it 1" every 6'. If I can't locate this one I will probably do the same thing. Previous landowner has been contacted and should come out to give us an idea of location.

You can try to witch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing completion. Metal roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing completion. Metal roof?
                          Yes metal roof

Comment

IN

Comment

Time to sweat!

Holes are 2' deep. No settling issues here.

First round of supplies here!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Antlers86; 05-30-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

In for this

Comment

Working...
                                X