should I act surprised?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rfroese View Post
    I have this same issue when it comes to Christmas gifts my wife gives me. She gets upset when I know what it is but she just can't seem to ever be able to surprise me. Either it's a box that I see where it came from or accidentally getting it shipped to the house, she never is able to surprise me.

With my wife, we value honesty over everything. As far as lying, I don't see it as a lie but I do believe in telling my wife everything.
    my wife found a solution to that very problem in our marriage...any guesses?

Comment

If you really want to surprise them, don’t show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You don’t know when, where or who is going to be there so a lot of it (most of it) is still a surprise. Go with A as long as it lasts, then go to plan B. When you have to move to plan B make sure she knows it was the BILs fault and not her own.

Comment

1st thought. Maybe there is no party and the BIL was supposed to let the fake party slip out. Now you'll be surprised when Nothing Happens lol.

2nd thought. If there really is a surprise party, when they jump out and yell surprise, you drop on the floor like you're having a Heart Attack

Comment

Shoot, if you're turning 50, you'll probably forget about it by the time it happens and be surprised anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              In 28 years of marriage you have not figured out that regardless which option you choose that your still wrong? :-)
              LOL. So true

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                Um, something else to consider - make the BIL tell the wife that he let it slip.

This!

Comment

Surprised! If she were to get mad because you care so much you still acted surprised, that would be silly.

Comment

Tell her you are going hunting/fishing, let her spill the beans

Comment

Put the fear of God into BIL . Then pray she don't find out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Play stupid.....absolutely nothing good comes out of your telling her you know. If she finds out you know, you are still a saint for trying to let her do her thing and least with my wife you would be. Win Win.
                        You are thinking like a man Smart. The ladies don't think like we do[emoji3]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                          I disagree. My wife would very hurt that I lied to her and pretended not to know. Nothing good comes from lying, ever. I would just tell her my BIL spilled the beans and go from there.
                          Never say ever lol. I can think of a few good things that have come from lying

I'm a doctor, I'm a lawyer, I'm a movie star I'm an astronaut and I own this bar And I'd lie to you for your love.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                            Is your BIL the only one who knows you know? Tell him if he opens his trap again you will break his face. Then act surprised at the party. It’s a good lie.
                            This....never mind the 80K members on this site

Comment

All the guys saying you should never lie to your woman or that a woman wants you to always tell her the truth need to tell us how they answer the "does this make my butt look big? " question.

Comment

just think of all the times your wife has faked something for you ....you can fake it for her just once

Comment

Working...
                                X