Drawn for Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robie View Post
    Just curious, how would they know that everyone hunting actually drew the tag? If they stop you I'm sure that is a quick way to find out, but other than that its a free for all?

I believe we have to have a document with our name and permit number written on it displayed on the dash of our vehicle. I printed mine out today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
      They usually do.

Also, for those hunting by themselves, they have three brand new game carts you can check out if you need help. I'm sure you have ride back to hunter check station to get one.

I'm setting up my tripod Thursday morning and hunting Friday, but will report on the LA archery deer thread.
      Are they the regular type of game carts, that is rated for a couple hundred pounds. I will be by myself on the Dec 30th - Jan 1st rifle hunt. Being by myself is my only real concern I have about the hunt. I don't know what I will do if I put a Nilgai on the ground. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to gut and quarter on the ground to be able to haul out

Comment

Last edited by Etxnoodler; 11-22-2016, 06:59 PM. Reason: Decided not to remove post

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
          Are they the regular type of game carts, that is rated for a couple hundred pounds. I will be by myself on the Dec 30th - Jan 1st rifle hunt. Being by myself is my only real concern I have about the hunt. I don't know what I will do if I put a Nilgai on the ground. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to gut and quarter on the ground to be able to haul out
          Yes. I saw the regular carts there. If you get a big nilgai by yourself, call the refuge office and if they have someone available they come out and help. I've seen it done before.

Comment

I checked with the hunter station today. They have no way how many no shows since no one is required to check in or out.
            There's a way to know how many individuals drawn actually paid the $130 per person for the permit.

The number of permits paid for won't change.

As far as no shows, that's always unknown.

Comment

Nice one. Good viddles there. Congrats

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post

I'll be hunting by myself this Friday and this is what I got from Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Goplus[emoji768]-Hauler-Utility-Hunting-Accessories/dp/B01HI69CB6/ref=zg_bs_3413561_5/154-0063810-0782743?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M66383HNVZ1MDG K8A6RE

It's rated 500lbs so I'm thinking skin, quarter, and cart out. I figured nilgai can be had up to 700-800lbs, so bone out the quarters. Just make sure to keep the hide, head (bull) and/or reproductive organs so rangers can identify sex.

Plus, I'll be using the cart to haul in/out my pop blind, chair, bow and stuff.

Well, that's the plan will see what happens when I get there lol. Feel free to provide feedback and/or ideas, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^ Oh and I'm planning to use a tarp to cover the quarters to keep em clean while using the cart.

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
                    Great kill Herbey
                    And thanks for letting us eat a little of it for dinner

Your welcome..Thank you for cooking! Hell of a job!

Comment

^^^ If I get anything lol

Comment

I'll be heading down as well and plan on scouting Thursday.

Comment

Bike and cart are essential to get you away from the crowds but not a guarantee. We found that each day the game movement got less each day, so try to get it done early. Permithren is a must on your clothes and spray your ankles, wrists, and any other expos d area with deer. The seed ticks are so small they are like grains of sand, have to spot them with your bongos reversed!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2855.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	24473212

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2879.jpg
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	24473213

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2878.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	24473214

Comment

Here is a western trick for those of you who are solo. Gutless method, if you don't have a game bag i would stick with the hair on:

Hair on:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kJIrW1IDM

Hair off:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlj...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                              Bike and cart are essential to get you away from the crowds but not a guarantee. We found that each day the game movement got less each day, so try to get it done early. Permithren is a must on your clothes and spray your ankles, wrists, and any other expos d area with deer. The seed ticks are so small they are like grains of sand, have to spot them with your bongos reversed![ATTACH]826608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826609[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]826610[/ATTACH]
                              Missed not getting to hunt with you two knuckleheads! Next year!
                              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

FYI they want the whole hide and head brought to the check station. Hide dosnt need to touch cart/ truck. That's why they require the tarp

Comment

Working...
                                X