No announcement yet.

Andrew Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He screwed his team and fans. Imagine paying all that money for season tickets and bam he quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
      Owners really screwed him. He played behind a terrible line most of his career. Dude played through alacerated kidney and abdomen tear For his team. One of the good guys who played with class we never heard anything about him in the off season.

Yes he was a good guy, and didn't get in trouble. He had a good up bringing. His dad was a QB. That's all great, but what about the post below..... this is also true about him.

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
      He screwed his team and fans. Imagine paying all that money for season tickets and bam he quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        It shows you the selfish nature of the world we are transitioning to. Those peeps don't give a **** about Luck's future life with his family.
        Yep, we can see that right here in this thread

Comment

You mean the fans that booed him off the field after all his sacrifices for the team?? Football is a brutal sport, easy for us to throw stones sitting in our recliners. He played well and gave all of himself to the sport. And when he couldn’t he retired. I bet you won’t be able to find one teammate of his that feels the same way you do.
          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 08-25-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
            Dude is intelligent, thoughtful, accountable and humble. No excuses, no BS. I wish him the best.
            Perhaps you could learn a few things from Mr. luck.

Comment

Awe, poor season ticket holders ( insert as much sarcasm as possible ). They spent all their money on season tickets; they wont be able to eat or buy shoes for their kids just so they could watch Luck play. And now he retires do to injuries what a selfish *** Luck is. ( more sarcasm ).

Some peeps are idiots!
              Last edited by Pedernal; 08-25-2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Has plenty of money
                Sounds like a good idea
                He stayed longer than I would have.. I'd retire after the first contract.. those guys take a beating and it takes years off their life..

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Awe, poor season ticket holders ( insert as much sarcasm as possible ). They spent all their money on season tickets; they wont be able to eat or buy shoes for their kids just so they could watch Luck play. And know he retires do to injuries what a selfish *** Luck is. ( more sarcasm ).

Some peeps are idiots!
                  Bingo! NFL fans aren’t the brightest. Fans booing him was a low blow.

Comment

The negativity in the public and here are just another reason to not support the NFL, outside of the SAINTS of course. Anything they accomplish is a slap across the NFL and Goodells face. Friday Night Lights and College ball can definitely fill the gap.

Good luck Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                      He doesn’t owe them chit

Comment

I see both sides. This decision could have been made a couple months ago, not 2 weeks before the season starts.

One's health and well being is #1, so for that, I'd say good for Luck in making that decision. I'm sure a few medical experts were telling him to hang it up if he doesn't want to experience serious medical complications down the road.

With that said, Luck comes from a fairly wealthy background, some of which is due to the game of football and the idiot fans some of you are demonizing. His father and himself were provided great opportunities because of the game. Actually his father was able to obtain a great education and has been a successful businessman and the sport of football helped him accomplish that. Making sacrifices for the team? You mean in exchange for millions of dollars? Fans are going to have knee jerk reactions.

Luck has the right to quit his job just like any one of us. My only issue is the timing could have been a little better. No more, no less. The NFL needs more high character players like Andrew. I wish him luck in his future endeavors.

Comment

I think it’s probably the right call if he’s having potentially serious health issues.

I also don’t blame the fans for being mad.

It’s more of a lose/lose than anything. Sucks for both sides.

Comment

I guess I don’t blame him, he’s already made enough money to be financially set for the rest of his life. But he theoretically left $400-500 million on the table. Wow, I don’t know if I would quit knowing that there is still that income earning potential out there.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                              He doesn’t owe them chit
                              This. If he sucked they would cut him in less than a day...

Comment

This just means the Texans keep an idiot head coach longer as he can go 9-7 and win a division and think he accomplished something...ugh!

Comment

Working...
                                X