No announcement yet.

Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 degrees on Las Moras Creek just west of town this morning...so much for the rattlesnakes.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post

Had a good time at lease this past weekend. Got me a 9 point. Thanks again Donny!!!

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
          16 degrees on Las Moras Creek just west of town this morning...so much for the rattlesnakes.
          Adios,
          Gary
          Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post

Adios,

Gary

Ouch, luckily I'm east of Town.

I hope my trailer doesn't have any busted water pipe surprises waiting on me when I get back up there tomorrow night.

(As posted in another thread)

I was lucky enough to take out a songdog last week and turned it in to Kothmanns for the bounty.

I was wondering if anyone knew the going rate for foxes and bobcats?

I’ve taken pictures of both from the stand not realizing the local ranchers don’t want them around.
            I’d turn one in for corn money and to help the ranchers out of course [emoji51].
            Last edited by DaveC; 11-14-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Ouch is right. Im just west of town off 190. My covert cameras even quite working with that cold. Likely killed my batteries.

Comment

The bucks have separated, and the does are teasing them. Lots of activity all day long. Mostly younger bucks, next ten days to two weeks ought to be killer.

Comment

The Thanksgiving week should be really good for rutting activity as it is warming up but still not quite crazy.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    Ouch, luckily I'm east of Town.

I hope my trailer doesn't have any busted water pipe surprises waiting on me when I get back up there tomorrow night.

(As posted in another thread)

I was lucky enough to take out a songdog last week and turned it in to Kothmanns for the bounty.

I was wondering if anyone knew the going rate for foxes and bobcats?

I’ve taken pictures of both from the stand not realizing the local ranchers don’t want them around.
                    I’d turn one in for corn money and to help the ranchers out of course [emoji51].
                    bobs are $100 I believe fox are $0 ii just keep turning in hogs

Comment

correction bobs are $75

Comment

Originally posted by DT50 View Post
                        bobs are $100 I believe fox are $0 ii just keep turning in hogs

Good to know, if foxes are $0 I’ll let them walk.

We had a hunter turn in a bobcat today.

Comment

As far as our lease goes I’ve only seen a few young racked bucks chasing does. I haven’t seen any does initiating the chase yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                            Good to know, if foxes are $0 I’ll let them walk.

We had a hunter turn in a bobcat today.

I have yet to take a bobcat on my place or even see a yote. ill hunt fox after deer season so they wont mess with my turkeys, I am flooded with hogs

Comment

What are all of the different bounties?

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
                                What are all of the different bounties?

Are you asking about the dollar amount per critter or what the bounty program is?

The bounty per animal I do not know.
                                I know the coyote is $75 and bobcat is $75 according to DT50.

I know I saw hogs on the form, but failed to see what their payout is.

Comment

Working...
                                X