• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very pretty

Comment

Gorgeous bow. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
        You might could save yourself a little more cash and just make them. I did for my takedown, though I did not do anything cool like scorch and silver.
        I just took a large set of sheds, cut the length I wanted pilot the hole in the bottom where the screw head comes in and then set in JB Weld. I did engrave my initials and use a dark polish t darken the white.
        If you will square off the shoulders of your bolt a little and not oversize the tap, then the bolt will fit snug and reduces the chance of twisting out the center.
        Great idea, I may try building my own first....I have some big sheds in the garage.....need to see if I can find a matched set.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
          You might could save yourself a little more cash and just make them. I did for my takedown, though I did not do anything cool like scorch and silver.
          I just took a large set of sheds, cut the length I wanted pilot the hole in the bottom where the screw head comes in and then set in JB Weld. I did engrave my initials and use a dark polish t darken the white.
          If you will square off the shoulders of your bolt a little and not oversize the tap, then the bolt will fit snug and reduces the chance of twisting out the center.
          I have done this before and it works great. I did have one set that the JB Weld didn't hold so I drilled thru the antler and bolt and installed a small brass dowel rod. That did the trick.

Best of luck and again, a beauty of a Widow.

Comment

Originally posted by yleecoyote23 View Post
            Hey Louis, I was thinking about your SAXS when I bought this one!! Didn't you have antler bolts on it? I was thinking it was yours I had seen with them....may have to start shopping for a pair for this one!
            Featherflinger has antler bolts on his and they look great. I think he told me he ordered his from Talltines though. They don't have the spiderweb either. I'll eventually add a set to my bow too, but I may just go with the factory ones from BW.

Comment

Working...
            X